P&O require PCR for unvaccinated 5 year olds to enter Malta

MX-Drew

@molecrochip as the title but the information on the government website says under 6 year olds do not require this.

"Children and young people

Children aged 6 to 11 can travel if they are accompanying their vaccinated parents/legal guardian and must show evidence of a negative Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test, dated within 72 hours before arrival. Children under 6 do not need a test. Children aged 5-11 may use their vaccination certificate, if applicable, to travel instead of a PCR test."

Why are P&O forcing parents to pay for unneeded expensive PCR tests?

I suggest they need to review the information asap.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Likely that FCO only shows rules for entry by air. Malta or a subsequent country may require it for young cruise passengers.

On Malta’s PLF it states the same regardless of travel type and P&O specifically states “required for entry to Malta”.

I have suggested via my TA that P&O look at this again.

• Like 1

Whilst I do have sympathy for the confusion information contradictions which are out there, (I really do - as I think its confusing too), my previous comments do remain. Its P&O's ships, they set the rules for embarkation. - including testing.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Whilst I do have sympathy for the confusion information contradictions which are out there, (I really do - as I think its confusing too), my previous comments do remain. Its P&O's ships, they set the rules for embarkation. - including testing.

Totally agree, it's P&O ships etc but P&O should not say it is a requirement to enter Malta when that is not the case. By doing that they are causing confusion, for example I could rightly believe I could have a week on Malta then do the cruise as a cruise only so in that case I would rightly think I could turn up at the ship with my granddaughter without a PCR test as it was not required for my one week land based holiday. P&O do not say it is required to board the ship (She would have done the required LTF tests).

3 hours ago, molecrochip said:

If anyone thinks P&O is confusing try taking a Celebrity cruise from Italy! They managed to change their testing requirements twice within 24 hours leading to pandemonium when people had changed flights, arrival days and rebooked tests (Celebrity require observed tests).

P&O although not perfect are giving people the easiest and cheapest option, in fact the three Carnival companies P&O, Cunard and Princess actually do seem to have more thought for their passengers.

• Like 2