Quebec New France Festival August 2022

Denverite

The Quebec New France Festival is August 4-7, 2022. We will be in Quebec the afternoon of the 4th, all day the 5th, and leave the 6th. I can't find much information on this festival. Is there a program somewhere? Is the "admission fee" just for the shows? Are the main "vendors" near Place Royale? I am just wondering how crowded the city might be. We were planning on taking the Hop On bus or a short bus tour around the city the afternoon of the 4th and perhaps go to Montmorency Falls on the 5th. I am rethinking any bus tours around the city and may be better just to walk around. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I came over to ask the same question because we will be there also. I'm worried about crowds and while excited about this opportunity, am thinking there won't be time to do anything else. Hopefully the restaurants won't be packed. I'm happy we booked our hotel sometime ago and got a great rate. 

1 hour ago, Priszm said:

Are you able to share what was said? 

Here is what someone from Quebec wrote to my request:

”All the information is on the site, which indeed doesn’t say much. The program should come out by the end of spring or early July, but it is the first post-COVID edition so you know how things can be. On a normal edition, there are free activities and paying ones on designated sites. You need to buy a medallion - $15 maybe - to access the paid sites. The streets are indeed packed, but they usually are in QC in the summer. The Hop On Hop Off avoids the pedestrian streets, but know that Old Quebec is pretty compact (about a square mile) so it is pretty walkable. If you don’t feel like climbing the steps between Lower and Upper Town, there’s the funicular (I think it’s $4 now).”

• 3 weeks later...