Jewish Rome experiences/tour?

Levi is good

Anyone who has had a great tour of the Jewish Ghetto area of Rome, perhaps even attended a religious service at the synagogue there, I'd love to hear your recommendations.  I'm looking for something family/teen friendly.  So far every tour I've found online is very fact-heavy, I'm going to have teenage group members who will not hold their attention for a college-level type tour (as much as I'd love it, I'll have to save that type of thing for another time.)

Thank you kindly in advance to anyone who can help.

Years ago we took two tours with people from Jewish Roma Walking Tours, including the tour of the Jewish Ghetto and the Great Synagogue. The tour of the ghetto was memorable because the tour leader talked about her family's experience living in the ghetto during WW II.

• Like 1

Try getting in contact with the Great Synagogue.

When we went looking for a visit, we saw that you can enter only by appointment, due to security reasons. The staff needs to check you out before granting access.

Another option is contact Micaela and see if she can tailor your tour accordingly --

https://www.jewishroma.com/

• Like 1

Sorry, there’s not a whole lot of “fun” activities or interesting trivia to be found in the Ghetto. Facts are pretty much what you get. It’s actually a very gripping subject. Don’t underestimate your teens. It’s something they should be exposed to.

• Like 1

Visiting the Great Synagogue of Rome | RomanJews by Marco Misano

This guy sounds like he'd be interesting.

If you're thinking of attending a service be sure you understand and are comfortable with the way worship is conducted.  A friend of mine was very uncomfortable being separated from her family:  The story of the Great Synagogue of Rome | Meer

• Like 2