Covid test in Rome

Hope someone can help me . I ordered my proctored covid test to get on ship and back to USA and they won't be here till Saturday and I am leaving on Friday this week. When I ordered them it said 4 days delivery but now it is almost a week . My question is can I get tested at the pier ? I could do it in Rome as we are going to be there the day before boarding but not sure how available they are there and if they will be accepted by Royal. Has anyone had any experience with this or getting it at the pier in Rome?

• Like 1

If you arrive one day before, you can do it at the airport.  Otherwise you can find a pharmacy that tests in Rome.
We are testing when we arrive at the airport. 

1 hour ago, little britain said:

I can’t see any mention of testing facilities at the pier @rfs7306

On Celebrity it's mandatory to have a test at the pier (at a cost) if you have not had the booster or two initial jabs within 270 days. You also have to have multiple tests (at a cost) on board

There is no Celebrity provision for testing at Italian home ports if you are 'up to date', I.e. have been boostered and/or had the initial two jabs within 270 days. No further tests required for the cruise, but it means you have to source your own pre departure test one day before.

Edited by sgmn

26 minutes ago, sgmn said:

On Celebrity it's mandatory to have a test at the pier (at a cost) if you have not had the booster or two initial jabs within 270 days. You also have to have multiple tests (at a cost) on board

There is no Celebrity provision for testing at Italian home ports if you are 'up to date', I.e. have been boostered and/or had the initial two jabs within 270 days. No further tests required for the cruise, but it means you have to source your own pre departure test one day before.

In the USA there was an option to test at pier for $99 as a back up if you were unable to find a place to test elsewhere…. I can’t see that option on RCI in Europe.

Yes, having a test prior to being able to get off at certain ports for $55pp if you’re not up to date is also a RCI requirement. Makes it expensive when you go to 3 different Greek ports ( assuming it’s a test before each port?!)

• Like 1