It's not always the ship.

26 minutes ago, Amyracecar said:

Last cruise we were on (not P&O) they took so many pictures that they couldn't display everything in the galleries and nobody could find anything of theirs anyway

I didn't realise some cruises still did that !

On Princess,  with the Medallion, you just went to the screens in the photo gallery area, and the Medallion matched you to all the photos you were in, and displayed them on the screen.  

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

On Princess,  with the Medallion, you just went to the screens in the photo gallery area, and the Medallion matched you to all the photos you were in, and displayed them on the screen.  

On some port or other, there was a P&O ship and then a Royal Caribbean. As we walked towards the ship, the P&O paps took about half a dozen shots. We posed nicely and then walked past to the Royal ship.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

This was on Carnival Glory pre-pandemic, so may well have changed to digital now. (Plus it's an older ship so not sure how recent the technology is on there. They had a few digital screens from what I remember, but also the full galleries too.)

I couldn't be doing with the constant photo-taking though. They were doing photos embarking, getting on/off at ports, at every dinner-time (used to be just formal night), going into the theatre, in the atrium, it was never ending! 

Thankfully at the moment on P&O it just seems to be a few opportunities, I can live with that. 🙂 

1 hour ago, Amyracecar said:

This was on Carnival Glory pre-pandemic, so may well have changed to digital now. (Plus it's an older ship so not sure how recent the technology is on there. They had a few digital screens from what I remember, but also the full galleries too.)

I couldn't be doing with the constant photo-taking though. They were doing photos embarking, getting on/off at ports, at every dinner-time (used to be just formal night), going into the theatre, in the atrium, it was never ending! 

Thankfully at the moment on P&O it just seems to be a few opportunities, I can live with that. 🙂 

Lots and lots of printed photo's on Konningsdam two weeks ago , never looked to see if a digital option was available but it is quite a modern ship so I would assume so 

• Like 1