It's not always the ship.

5 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I thought wowzz said the breakfast was the special luxury breakfast that costs an arm and a leg, not the common one that you book on the hanging card?

Not me. Cruisemeister was talking about the breakfast.

But I am confused - if you are ordering a special breakfast,  why would your steward be involved. Surely you would deal with the room service department ? 

17 hours ago, wowzz said:

Not me. Cruisemeister was talking about the breakfast.

But I am confused - if you are ordering a special breakfast,  why would your steward be involved. Surely you would deal with the room service department ? 

Just to clarify lads, ladies, gents or whatever your title. When you buy an Ultimate Package which for those who like a little treat on their cruise the cost is £299. There are of course other one's that can be purchased for Birthdays or with less items included. When you arrive in your cabin the flowers, chocolates, Champagne Flutes and bathrobes and slippers are ready for you. The rest of the items you book. The two Speciality dining evenings you take along to wherever you wish to book the card and when you have redeemed one they mark the card and then when you wish to book the other you do the same. The massage or facial you also take the card to the Spa to book your treatment. With the breakfast the card is handed to the Cabin Steward who then presumably takes this along to the room service department. These were the instructions on the card. Hope that clears up any questions.

• Like 7

Pleased that you clarified this - which should not have been necessary.  Unfortunately you were let down by your cabin steward, and I can quite understand you being somewhat annoyed by this, as you had made an effort to do something special on that day..

On 5/9/2022 at 3:16 PM, Cruisemeister2002 said:

Yeah.  Unfortunately couldn't get the pictures in the suitcase and hadn't got a screwdriver so the tele had to remain on the wall also. The bathrobes were actually part of a package which we bought prior to boarding, so they were not previously used one's. Just for info.

And too think I felt guilty about putting the biscuits in my bag to nibble on the homeward journey😂

Avril

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

And too think I felt guilty about putting the biscuits in my bag to nibble on the homeward journey😂

Avril

To be fair Avril, he had paid (a lot !) for a package that included some over priced bath robes. 

Or, as my Mum would say,  "fancy dressing gowns "!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

To be fair Avril, he had paid (a lot !) for a package that included some over priced bath robes. 

I'm not criticising the package he bought wowzz, which was a lovely thought for his wife's birthday, I was just replying to his joke about the pictures and the TV with one of my own. 

I actually looked at that package, (thanks for the link kalos) and yes, it's expensive, but it would be nice to take our first step back into the cruising next year with a treat for ourselves.

Avril

• Like 10

On 5/11/2022 at 4:47 PM, Adawn47 said:

Avril

You'd have to be desperate to take the biscuits these days Avril. Bring back the Priory Crumbles...😂

• Like 6

On 5/11/2022 at 4:07 PM, kalos said:

and should people still be unsure  ,please click link .. https://www.pocruises.com/onboard-activities/Gifts/ultimate-celebration-package

Thanks for the link. When we booked it also had a formal Photo and frame on this package. I will question this nearer to our next cruise. Some have commented that photographers aren't onboard or haven't been due to passengers congregating around the photo area. Nonetheless I will query this as it's not acceptable to drop an item from this package and expect people to pay the same amount.

• Like 1

No photographers on Cunard , or P and O ,but a full compliment on Holland America with lots of people congregating around the picture viewing areas,  and of course all the usual formal , dining room , embarkation and shoreside photos. Same company  (Carnival) different approach🤔

On 5/11/2022 at 10:44 PM, wowzz said:

To be honest I'm not really bothered about the "Fancy dressing gowns" we already have a few of them, although we don't take them with us so it's nice to have them available, especially if they don't give me a small one as I'm 6' 1" and 18.5 stone. P&O quote that the saving if all items were purchased individually is 15% and seeing as we probably wouldn't buy them on the ship they are nice to have's. Having said that a link that a fellow shipmate was good enough to put on this forum doesn't include formal photo and frame. So if that's the case I will be chasing P&O for either a refund on the original price or an addition to what we will receive.

On 5/11/2022 at 4:47 PM, Adawn47 said:

Avril

My wife usually sticks the biscuits in one of the drawers next to the bed. If you had a 35 night cruise or longer that must have been quite a nibble Avril ?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

My wife usually sticks the biscuits in one of the drawers next to the bed. If you had a 35 night cruise or longer that must have been quite a nibble Avril ?

Not on Iona, the only drawers are the passengers ones 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

Thanks for the link. When we booked it also had a formal Photo and frame on this package. I will question this nearer to our next cruise. Some have commented that photographers aren't onboard or haven't been due to passengers congregating around the photo area. Nonetheless I will query this as it's not acceptable to drop an item from this package and expect people to pay the same amount.

Oh dear. No photographers. What will we do now ?.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, pennib said:

Marella had photographers on the Explorer in March, also they did a nightly turn down with choccies and towel animals.

That's the future. Multi tasking.

• Haha 10

16 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Joy!  No photographers - they drive me nuts!  If we want photos, we take our own.

We spend the first few days ducking and diving to avoid the photographers, but come formal night, we become their stalkers, trying every set up point trying to find one that doesn't get a reflection from Michelle's glasses... 

Andy 

• Haha 2

On 5/13/2022 at 2:15 PM, zap99 said:

Oh dear. No photographers. What will we do now ?.

To be honest as several have indicated photographers can be a pest. We tend only to oblige them when it suits us. If they do happen to get snap happy we do go along the where the photo's are, but generally don't purchase any and even if they are one's we have requested we still don't buy if they are not very good. The one's we get via the package and come in a nice frame are very good and haven't had a bad one yet. As with many who first cruise we used to buy quite a few and even an album. But getting older and wiser and perhaps spending our hard earned in a more sensible way, drinking and gambling, then wasting the rest, we tend to target how we spend.

• Haha 1

Several people confirming photographers now back on Iona in my groups, so definitely on there. (I've also seen branded photos from celebration night, but not sure about the vultures who follow you around at every other opportunity you seem to get these days) 

Last cruise we were on (not P&O) they took so many pictures that they couldn't display everything in the galleries and nobody could find anything of theirs anyway. They were just thown around in piles everywhere, and this was only a 5 day itinerary! This can't possibly be a good business model. (but at those prices I suppose they only need to sell to a tiny minority to break even) 

• Like 1