Seattle Mariners

Jember

Hi,

We would like to attend a Mariners game while visiting Seattle after our cruise.  Are tickets easy to get the day of the game?  any other tips or recommendations for attending a game.  

Thanks

Yes, tickets are easy to get...just walk up to the ticket booth. A secondary seller like StubHub is also a good source.

Last time we were at Seattle, we walked about an hour before the game, and got tickets about 15 rows immediately behind home plate...they were player tickets that the player wasn't using, and had returned. Many players will now resell them on StubHub, as do season ticket holders, so keep that option in mind.

The above info is mostly true - however if the Toronto Blue Jays are in town tickets will be scarce. With COVID travel restrictions mostly lifted Vancouverites will most likely return to their previous practice of descending on Seattle for the series.

• Like 1

Unless they turn things around pretty soon, the Ms will likely be paying YOU to come to the games, as long as you're willing to shell out $25 for a dog and a beer. 

Seriously, though, it's a lovely ballpark.  

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2022 at 10:20 AM, Jember said:

We would like to attend a Mariners game while visiting Seattle after our cruise.  Are tickets easy to get the day of the game?  any other tips or recommendations for attending a game.

Hunh, I didn't know Seattle still had Major League Baseball. I was pretty sure the Mariners next game was versus the Salt Lake City Bees 😁

8 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Hunh, I didn't know Seattle still had Major League Baseball. I was pretty sure the Mariners next game was versus the Salt Lake City Bees 😁

We do, and we also still have an NFL team, unlike some others.

😋

If anyone decides that they want to attend a game at one of the Seattle stadiums, please check to see what their bag restrictions are (backpack, purse size). You may have to leave your bags with a game day luggage vendor outside the stadium

On 5/6/2022 at 8:38 AM, Gardyloo said:

Unless they turn things around pretty soon, the Ms will likely be paying YOU to come to the games, as long as you're willing to shell out $25 for a dog and a beer. 

Seriously, though, it's a lovely ballpark.  

Gotta check out the new value menu - $3 dogs, nachos, popcorn and more and $5 beer

On 5/5/2022 at 1:20 PM, Jember said:

Hi,

Thanks

Hey, I am from Boston as well and I know Fenway prices... haha  Last year, my daughter and I went to a Mariners game after our cruise.  I did purchase tickets ahead of time but I definitely didn't have to.  They had a giveaway that day.  It was a Funko pop of the Mariners' mascot.  My daughter was excited because she collects Funkos.  We missed the Red Sox by a week.  

It was a nice park.  Get ready to smell garlic everywhere. My daughter loved the garlic fries.  I thought it was a good option to kill time before our flight because it didn't matter if it was raining out because they have the roof but it ended up being a gorgeous day.  Nice to visit other parks even though I love my Fenway.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jember said:

Does anyone know how long it would be to walk from the Westin Hotel to the stadium?  Or would an uber be a better option?

Thanks

The walk would probably take 30 - 45 minutes, downhill going, uphill returning.  

From the Westin the walk to the Westlake light rail station is around 3 minutes, and the walk from the Stadium station to the nearest ballpark gate is around 5 minutes.

22 hours ago, Gardyloo said:

The walk would probably take 30 - 45 minutes, downhill going, uphill returning.  

From the Westin the walk to the Westlake light rail station is around 3 minutes, and the walk from the Stadium station to the nearest ballpark gate is around 5 minutes.

Thank you!

On 5/11/2022 at 5:54 PM, Ferry_Watcher said:

If anyone decides that they want to attend a game at one of the Seattle stadiums, please check to see what their bag restrictions are (backpack, purse size). You may have to leave your bags with a game day luggage vendor outside the stadium

I was curious about the "game day luggage vendor" you mentioned. Is this a service that is available near the ballpark or somewhere further away? We will have some time after our cruise and thought we may go to a game but we didn't know what to do with our carry on luggage during the game. thanks.