Underage in Connecting Room

DwayneG

We are travelling with kids in two connecting room..  We want both adults in one room with a young child and three teens in the connecting room.  I know I've read on CC that this is allowed.  My PCC insists that the way to do this is that he's listed the 18 year old as 32!  He says then they can change that birth date at the pier when they check in.  I'm concerned that when we get to the pier the agent will say she's never heard of that or something.  Or that the 19 year old's latitudes account will be all screwed up.

Is our PCC right, has anyone successfully done this?  Is there a better way?  In the past we've put one adult in the second room, but then we have to get the twin beds changed after we're on board and get extra keys made, we'd rather not do that.

Surely this happens all the time, but both of these work-arounds seem unnecessarily complicated.  What do they do with a single parent and two rooms of kids?

18 minutes ago, DwayneG said:

We are travelling with kids in two connecting room..  We want both adults in one room with a young child and three teens in the connecting room.  I know I've read on CC that this is allowed.  My PCC insists that the way to do this is that he's listed the 18 year old as 32!  He says then they can change that birth date at the pier when they check in.  I'm concerned that when we get to the pier the agent will say she's never heard of that or something.  Or that the 19 year old's latitudes account will be all screwed up.

Is our PCC right, has anyone successfully done this?  Is there a better way?  In the past we've put one adult in the second room, but then we have to get the twin beds changed after we're on board and get extra keys made, we'd rather not do that.

Surely this happens all the time, but both of these work-arounds seem unnecessarily complicated.  What do they do with a single parent and two rooms of kids?

We always put one of us in each room on paper and get duplicate keys, I’ve found no rhyme or reason how the beds are, we just tell the steward our preferences.

Quote from ncl.com:

Travelling with Minors and Young Adults:
Norwegian Cruise Line's policy dictates that a minor or young adult under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom (or a connecting/adjoining stateroom) by a guest 21 years of age or older at the time of boarding.

More information here (this is link to NCL's EU-page, you will probably be redirected to a US page):

https://www.ncl.com/fr/en/freestyle-cruise/prepare-for-your-cruise/family#age-requirements

Edited by TrumpyNor

42 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

Quote from ncl.com:

Travelling with Minors and Young Adults:
Norwegian Cruise Line's policy dictates that a minor or young adult under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom (or a connecting/adjoining stateroom) by a guest 21 years of age or older at the time of boarding.

More information here (this is link to NCL's EU-page, you will probably be redirected to a US page):

https://www.ncl.com/fr/en/freestyle-cruise/prepare-for-your-cruise/family#age-requirements

We are a family of 7, I’ve tried to book the kids in one cabin and us in a connecting cabin (plus 1 kid) every single time, NCL has refused. On our last cruise, the oldest were 19 and 20, we had connecting cabins, we wanted the UBP but since they insisted on making us book in separate cabins the 2nd passenger on the UBP got a soda package. 

Come on! Just book one adult and any kids in each room!! Then when you board the ship you can swap people around - just let the room steward(s) know.

If two adults are booked in one room and all kids are booked in another room they may have different lifeboat muster stations - especially if the rooms are adjoining (rather than connecting). The kids just cannot go to their lifeboat without a parent, and cannot go to their parents' lifeboat because they aren't on the lifeboat's manifest.

So ..... that's why on booking and paper each cabin must have an adult registered.

When a family find themselves in adjoining room with different muster stations, they need to go to the correct stations according to their key cards. So one adult go to one with their kid and the other adult can go to other with their other kid. They all cannot go to the same muster station together.

Connecting = 2 cabins with internal doors linking to the other cabin.

Adjoining = 2 cabins next to one other but no internal doors. They have to leave the cabin to go to the other cabin.

3 hours ago, DwayneG said:

My goodness!! That would cause issues when you all try to check in with passport details .....

That PCC is very wrong.

Though my PCC booked it and said just use a bogus birth date for one guest in kids cabin I did a chat on the web page and chat agent says it's not possible, he didn't even know the web says it is. Sounds like they're a bit confused.  Rather than fight it out with the agent at the pier I'll probably just split the adults on the booking.  Good thing I'm not a single parent with 4  kids, I'd be out of luck

19 hours ago, DwayneG said:

Yikes! Might want a new PCC. 

Changing the age will create some trouble for you at boarding.

• Like 1