Is Food THAT bad?

We have sailed 73 days on Sky this year and have eaten in the MDR about 10 times for dinner.Because of the menu selections available,we will be sailing HAL in the near future.While we enjoy the Princess ships better the menus are a deal breaker.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, johnmik1 said:

We have sailed 73 days on Sky this year and have eaten in the MDR about 10 times for dinner.Because of the menu selections available,we will be sailing HAL in the near future.While we enjoy the Princess ships better the menus are a deal breaker.

I’m never sure if it’s the fact that the menus are so new to us or if the food is really that good that results in us loving our meals on HAL, because we sure do. The only drawbacks are the repetitive dining room lunch menu and the buffet closing periodically during the day. But, boy, is the HAL buffet amazing. 

• Like 1

Food is subjective. I'm a vegetarian (not pescatarian) who hates spicey and am allergic to black pepper.  I think the food is wonderful. Flavorful without burning my throat, good variety, great vegan menu (I add cheese). 

• Like 1

We ate one night in the buffet, something we rarely do, it was a pretty miserable meal.

After looking at our choices, which all looked pretty much the same despite their various names & ethnicity, we decided on Tex-Mex.  Bad choice, being from Texas we should have known better, it was colorful but flavorless, soggy when it should have been crisp, none of the traditional sides.  

MDR food has increased in quality since last December when we sailed. I think the menus remain fairly true to Princess of the past.  There is always something new to try but it is guessing game on timing…Prime Rib night was on the second formal night this cruise…

The International Cafe is our go-to for lunch,  they have really improved the sandwich offerings.