Question from a MoveUp first timer

CruiserN1

I've sailed X three times before, but this is the first time I've had the opportunity to bid on an upgrade. My cruise is about 58 days away. I made my first bid on Aqua (from OV) when I first received the email, about two weeks ago. Our first bid was in the "weak" category. It wasn't rejected, just pending. I raised it about a week later to the "fair" category and today raised it to the "strong" category after seeing that the number of Aqua cabins available went down from about 30 to about 15. 

Can anyone can tell me if the bids are evaluated on a rolling basis as they come in or at specific time points? I'm wondering if the 15 cabins went to higher bids and we missed our change with the "fair" bid and now our "strong" bid is less likely to be accepted since fewer Aqua cabins are available. I'm asking because we didn't bid on any of the other categories but if we missed it with Aqua we might decide to.

Same here! We got the moveup offer a month ago and our cruise starts in 14 days. Our "weak" Aqua Moveup bid is "Pending", but the "Modify/Cancel" button has disappeared. I don't know what the current bidding range is because the modify option has been removed. There are 33 Aqua cabins left as of this moment. Our credit card has not been charged for the upgrade yet. Hmmm..... first time for me. I guess I won't find out until we get there.  Good luck to you!

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing your experience. I guess the process is mysterious on purpose. The sad thing is that we were feeling content about our OV cabin choice before the MoveUp offer, but now have our hearts set on Aqua and if we don't get that I think we'll feel really disappointed. Lesson learned! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pisces223 said:

Same here! We got the moveup offer a month ago and our cruise starts in 14 days. Our "weak" Aqua Moveup bid is "Pending", but the "Modify/Cancel" button has disappeared. I don't know what the current bidding range is because the modify option has been removed. There are 33 Aqua cabins left as of this moment. Our credit card has not been charged for the upgrade yet. Hmmm..... first time for me. I guess I won't find out until we get there.  Good luck to you!

I suspect that if your sailing is 14 days out and you can no longer modify/cancel the bid that you have been awarded the upgrade.   Keep a close eye on your credit card pending charges.  Or check your celebrity account for a new room assignment often.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 10:50 PM, CruiserN1 said:

Good to know. Thanks.

We are three days from our cruise and it is showing Pending with the Modify it Cancell option still there.

first time bidding for us.

if it gets accepted well done.

if not we will be happy with our original selection.