Hello, I’m Arthur!

Castro and Millie

On 5/11/2022 at 5:20 PM, bluemarble said:

Arthur, I haven't seen an official Cunard photo of you yet. Most of your older brothers had their photos posted on facebook announcing their arrivals. Maybe that will happen in due course since you are now on your way to Alaska.

May I have permission to post your photo on @Oca's "Cunard Teddy Bears" thread? I think we've managed to document most of your lineage with photos on that thread. I'd like to add your photo there to have all the Cunard bear photos in one place (and to revive that thread).

That’s fine Bluemarble

Arthur

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/11/2022 at 9:43 PM, Oca said:

There is a 2020 bear and his name is Percy.  I think there must have been a glut of Percy Bears as 2020 cruises were halted in March of that year.

I think there are NO 2021 bears that were  bred -- am I right?  If there was a 2021, please let me know as our home is always open to Cunard bears searching for just the right family.

There are a lot of Percy bears as he sits on a shelf alongside me in the shop. It’s nice to have the company! There wasn’t a 2021 bear made so you are quite right.

Arthur

1 hour ago, Castro and Millie said:

Do any of you clever people on here have any tips for posting photographs - I’m trying to post some but they are all coming out upside down and I can’t see any way of rotating them? I’m pulling out my fur in frustration! 
Arthur

Arthur, have no truck with photography. Get your portrait painted. Or, if you stood on your head for the photo, perhaps it would post with you the right way up.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Castro and Millie said:

Do any of you clever people on here have any tips for posting photographs - I’m trying to post some but they are all coming out upside down and I can’t see any way of rotating them? I’m pulling out my fur in frustration! 
Arthur

Assuming you are using your phone's camera, the simplest solution may be to take your photos holding the phone rotated 180 degrees from how you have been taking them (if that's not too inconvenient).

Phone manufacturers define one orientation as being right side up and the other as upside down. To correct a photo taken while the phone is upside down, rather than rotating the image, they simply set the "Orientation" field within the photo's EXIF information to "Rotate 180". Software is supposed to read that EXIF information and rotate the image before displaying it. However, the process to upload a photo as a Cruise Critic attachment is not honoring that "Rotate 180" request.

The alternative to taking your photos while holding the phone the other way around is to install a photo editing app on your phone to provide the functionality for rotating them before you upload them to Cruise Critic.

20 minutes ago, Castro and Millie said:

Thanks exlondoner and bluemarble…it looks like we have cracked it as the are the right way up!

Looking good! Glad we were able to help.

Just to follow up on my previous comments, if you have past photos that were taken while holding your phone "up side down" that you'd like to correct, do not literally use the "rotate" function in a photo editing app. That will probably just create photos that will be truly upside down both to your camera and to Cruise Critic. You may find all you have to do is retrieve your photos into the photo editing app and then resave them as new copies of the originals. That may create photos that are "right side up" both to your phone and to Cruise Critic.

Edited by bluemarble