Not a fan of the upgrade process

On 5/7/2022 at 9:56 AM, complawyer said:

uff da. to avoid all this, once again i suggest you figure out the price at which you are comfortable paying, and just book a cabin in that category. you get to choose where your cabin is located, on which deck, and its surroundings

I did. I simply stated I don't like the upgrade process and I will be unhappy if I INVOLUNTARILY get moved, which can happen according to my PCC.  

On 5/7/2022 at 1:51 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

It's a Scandinavian utterance of disgust.  When growing up, we couldn't say "dang" because it was too close.  Uff Da was okay. 😎

Thanks for a Mother's Day memory 🙂  My Swedish grandmother, when vexed, used to exclaim "Uff da, my starsss" with that odd fricative S sound.  If she was even more sorely vexed, she would huff, "Darn his socks!"

OK, back to the regular thread.  

• Haha 1

uff da

after 18 ncl cruises through the last 12 years, never once have i been "involuntarily" moved from the cabin i originally booked to a different cabin. while we do get the occasional offer to upgrade (of course for a price increase) i see no reason to do so. the cabin i pick is usually the one my wife and i want.

sorry! i dont think  your pcc has a clue about what he/she is talking about

5 hours ago, trivimp said:

Thanks for a Mother's Day memory 🙂  My Swedish grandmother, when vexed, used to exclaim "Uff da, my starsss" with that odd fricative S sound.  If she was even more sorely vexed, she would huff, "Darn his socks!"

OK, back to the regular thread.  

Extending the drift.....

My father was 100% Norwegian.  He could speak Norwegian.  We said the Norwegian dinner prayer at supper (NOT dinner) every night, IN NORWEGIAN.  I can still recite it.  I long to hear his voice repeat "UFF DA!" on more time.  One day (probably soon, but hopefully not too soon) I will again.  Apparently, the Scandinavian languages are close.  My Norwegian father could talk to my Danish grandmother (other side of the family) in Norwegian/Danish and they could understand each other.  Cool stuff, but likely lost on younger generations.

Funny you mention odd sounds.  My Danish Grandfather would proclaim that "It takes all kinds, and by Yeepers we've got them!"  "J's" are pronounced like "Y's" in Danish.  End of the history lesson.  😎

• Like 1

11 hours ago, complawyer said:

inside cabin. were you given any explanation for the move?

Nothing no email or change notification for the booking.

Reading the roll call for the previous cruise it happened on that one as well so I checked mine.

it looks like they have closed of deck 5 on at least 5 cruises as there is nothing available to book on that deck 

1 hour ago, insidecabin said:

It looks like they have closed of deck 5 on at least 5 cruises as there is nothing available to book on that deck 

On the Escape, deck 5 is currently being used for quarantine.