Kmom on Carnival Radiance Semi-Live May 30-June 3, 2022 - FOURTH time on Carnival since resumption of cruising

We had to be vaccinated to go inside Griffith Observatory. The museum exhibits are free but we paid to see Water is Life in the Planetarium, a live narrated show. The museum space is not very big but it was fun to see the telescope on the roof through the windows. It opens for free on clear nights for public viewing.

The views of the LA area are amazing and even the drive through the park to get up there is lovely. Sky was pretty clear. 

Another minor bucket list item completed. 

Our teen guest is with us now after a long journey. 

That’s all we have on the agenda today. Planning to spend a little time at the pool this afternoon. 

10:00 appointment time in the morning.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, AQW said:

Waving in your direction from a few miles away in Inglewood! Enjoy our lovely weather and have a fantastic vacation. 

The weather is truly heavenly indeed. I did run out to the nearest Panera to bring back dinner for the fam. Nice afternoon to drive around surface streets and see the real LA. 

• Like 5

On 5/26/2022 at 5:48 PM, KmomChicago said:

How cool to be on the last sailing of Victory. I’ll look for these seahorses as I expect maybe some remnants of the old decor???

We sailed Radiance end Feb, and did find seahorse handles on glass doors (do not recall where mdr?) and I think did not change mural in wall area you see while in atrium glass elevators. 

• Like 2

We will be again sailing the Radiance two weeks after the OP is sailing. I am wondering if someone can confirm the sea day brunch filet (the steak & ggs entree)is till available (and only had a shortage for a bit?) or now removed from menu.

So can you or someone post about availability on Sea Day brunch buffet filet available- it is the steak and eggs entree. Thank you…it is a highlite for my husband as best food item from MDR so far most cruises and was when sailed early March on Carnival Radiance? 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Buffettfan 225 said:

We will be again sailing the Radiance two weeks after the OP is sailing. I am wondering if someone can confirm the sea day brunch filet (the steak & ggs entree)is till available (and only had a shortage for a bit?) or now removed from menu.

So can you or someone post about availability on Sea Day brunch buffet filet available- it is the steak and eggs entree. Thank you…it is a highlite for my husband as best food item from MDR so far most cruises and was when sailed early March on Carnival Radiance? 

We’ll find out.

I got the scrub kits right away and a very quick spa tour. She said it would be 20 minutes but I told her I don’t do massage or facials so it was more like 5. She showed me the thermal suites an there is no noisy thelassotherapy pool on this ship.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

While our deck 10 Cloud 9 balcony is a nice room, I can absolutely feel the reduced interior space compared to the ocean view we had down on deck 2 on Triumph. 

We’ll make use of  the balcony since we have it but I’m still, as always, pretty unconvinced I’d pay extra for it.

Our sofa just barely fits in the room. It’s a comfy enough space for 2 but would be tight if the sofa were made up as a bed. 

• Like 6

We skipped dinner and all the opening night activities. I only got 2-3 hours sleep Sunday night and crashed after the combination of late pasta lunch and my share of a couple of fruity drink pitchers. Won’t be doing that again. 

DH went to guest services to get a couple of extra keys as we booked the two rooms with one adult and one teen in each, but of course that’s not how we’re actually occupying the space. He said the action was full bore all over the ship, but I didn’t care. 

The hallway outside our room is really pretty and very bright, almost too well-lit. DH says it feels like a sunny day out there. The doors, decorative wall panels and carpet all seem to be new. 

Also the balcony is in very good shape compared to Legend in December. The doors look brand new and close and seal properly.

651A0D9D-F007-4DA0-B714-1B6B8DE9E25E.thumb.jpeg.80021ce114bce0d1b04f20310652dd36.jpeg

• Like 9

About an hour ago our room phone rang which is why I’m up. Apparently a wrong number from crew asking if we had called for medical assistance-wrong room?? 

So I’m up but hopefully going back to sleep soon. There’s a motion activated night light feature under the closet doors to guide you to the bathroom. I haven’t seen this on another ship, not even Mardi Gras. I suppose this might be exclusive to the Cloud 9 rooms but I’ve never noticed it mentioned by another reviewer. It shuts off about 20 seconds after the last step.B933CF2B-666F-4084-81FD-7EC56603ABAC.thumb.jpeg.d60018a4939ba18c08b7e363feaf0cd4.jpeg

• Like 8

Flooring throughout the ship looks brand new, staterooms and public spaces. 

I like the addition of Cucina where the upstairs of the buffet used to be. It feels like it belongs there, open feel, not cramped or crowded.

6E270B98-18B6-40BA-9FC6-49E06AE27F27.thumb.jpeg.c7c433108d83fc05f5ad44e9ce4d7d96.jpeg

3D382A35-B85E-4C54-AC78-86B7C04D7FC0.thumb.jpeg.0ae0d383b38d1b284195db87848225cc.jpeg

CBECEAE8-4072-4925-B66D-68D1781C2B93.thumb.jpeg.8f22f112125b9bd37c20fbb170821291.jpeg

• Like 11

2 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

About an hour ago our room phone rang which is why I’m up. Apparently a wrong number from crew asking if we had called for medical assistance-wrong room?? 

So I’m up but hopefully going back to sleep soon. There’s a motion activated night light feature under the closet doors to guide you to the bathroom. I haven’t seen this on another ship, not even Mardi Gras. I suppose this might be exclusive to the Cloud 9 rooms but I’ve never noticed it mentioned by another reviewer. It shuts off about 20 seconds after the last step.B933CF2B-666F-4084-81FD-7EC56603ABAC.thumb.jpeg.d60018a4939ba18c08b7e363feaf0cd4.jpeg

👍 for the motion activated light. That is a thoughtful idea.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Sea Day brunch menu from app. 

NO FILET. 

The type of steak was not indicated on the menu before or after the recent change from filet mignon to strip loin. I'd be grateful if you could ask a supervisor what type of steak is being served now at brunch. Thank you! 

• Like 1