Live from Voyager in the Baltic

11 hours ago, colsky said:

We also need to find somewhere to have our pre cruise Covid tests in Stockholm!

I found one place with 3 locations in the Stockholm area, and one of them is about 2 blocks away from the hotel we’re staying in the night before we sail!  Seems like a good option! https://www.covidtestet.com/english/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw1N2TBhCOARIsAGVHQc4uVDAQ4UXh5WLRM2dPetXwbJBIKz9u6wl49NYZ6gwMR3skomixXVsaAtD6EALw_wcB#home

There is a different clinic conveniently located near the Central Train Station (where the Arlanda airport express train boards.)  This might also be a good option for anyone flying out the same day as debarkation. 
https://vaccina.se/en/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw1N2TBhCOARIsAGVHQc4n_BEsiSUYGdwQWoSlwLdEFp7WAi1FCJTddsFXlRgsLE1L_xJd_AcaAnaLEALw_wcB

Also, there is a testing clinic at Arlanda Airport: https://www.swedavia.com/arlanda/service/testcenter-for-pcr--och-antigentester/

Edited by AdventureKenandCar

6 hours ago, marielco said:

You can also take a free shuttle to the nearest Metro station. One line goes right into the airport building. 

Does a free shuttle also take passengers from the Metro to the Port for embarkation?

Edited by HankaM

8 hours ago, marielco said:

Left the ship yesterday morning and took the paid shuttle to Copenhagen airport.  You can also take a free shuttle to the nearest Metro station. One line goes right into the airport building.  The Metro in Copenhagen is very efficient, trains run every couple of minutes. They do not have drivers which is a bit disconcerting at first as you can sit at the front window as you fly through the tunnels. 

It took a full hour to get through security at the airport.  They kept apologising for the delay.  We saw a line at the Covid testing Center as well but not very long.  

What time was your flight?

what time did you leave the ship?

hour security wow 

where did you do the Covid test? I’m thinking airport 

6 hours ago, AdventureKenandCar said:

I found one place with 3 locations in the Stockholm area, and one of them is about 2 blocks away from the hotel we’re staying in the night before we sail!  Seems like a good option! https://www.covidtestet.com/english/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw1N2TBhCOARIsAGVHQc4uVDAQ4UXh5WLRM2dPetXwbJBIKz9u6wl49NYZ6gwMR3skomixXVsaAtD6EALw_wcB#home

There is a different clinic conveniently located near the Central Train Station (where the Arlanda airport express train boards.)  This might also be a good option for anyone flying out the same day as debarkation. 
https://vaccina.se/en/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw1N2TBhCOARIsAGVHQc4n_BEsiSUYGdwQWoSlwLdEFp7WAi1FCJTddsFXlRgsLE1L_xJd_AcaAnaLEALw_wcB

Also, there is a testing clinic at Arlanda Airport: https://www.swedavia.com/arlanda/service/testcenter-for-pcr--och-antigentester/

The royal rule is two days for test prior I believe 

so figured test on Friday in US and board on Sunday 

7 hours ago, AdventureKenandCar said:

This may be a technicality, but is it “two days,” or 48 hours?  The 8 hour time change could make this possible. 

It's two days.  They're only looking for the date, not the time.

Just an update for this weeks Cruise. Not exact numbers but we were speaking to one of the staff who told us it was 1700 on this weeks sailing. It feels quite busy as with the cold weather most people aren’t on deck and hanging out in the venues inside.

Most of the earlier issues mentioned in this post seems to have been resolved with an abundance of butter. Rooms were ready around 12:00 noon on our sailing - much earlier than on other sailings. All staff we have encountered seem on point and know what they are doing.

The top tier event was just held with 655 C&A members on board including 8 pinnacles. I didn’t quite memorise the remaining numbers but think it was 110 diamond and 90 diamond + on board.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bfsroyal said:

Just an update for this weeks Cruise. Not exact numbers but we were speaking to one of the staff who told us it was 1700 on this weeks sailing. It feels quite busy as with the cold weather most people aren’t on deck and hanging out in the venues inside.

Most of the earlier issues mentioned in this post seems to have been resolved with an abundance of butter. Rooms were ready around 12:00 noon on our sailing - much earlier than on other sailings. All staff we have encountered seem on point and know what they are doing.

The top tier event was just held with 655 C&A members on board including 8 pinnacles. I didn’t quite memorise the remaining numbers but think it was 110 diamond and 90 diamond + on board.

Great to hear they're working out the kinks... and abundance of BUTTER!  Whew!

Do you happen to know what the earliest boarding time was for your cruise?  12:00 is an impressive room ready time!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CruiseMelissa said:

Great to hear they're working out the kinks... and abundance of BUTTER!  Whew!

Do you happen to know what the earliest boarding time was for your cruise?  12:00 is an impressive room ready time!

We had 11:30am arrival time - we checked in as soon as it opened and that was the earliest available. We were at a hotel in the port and left early to get there. There is a free shuttle bus from the metro station near the port that leaves every 10 mins. We arrived probably at the terminal for 10:40am.

My partner is always early. We expected to wait outside, but the terminal was already open and there was a long queue inside that moved very quickly - we had all our docs checked and it was straight on to the ship. There was already quite a few guests on board eating in the windjammer at maybe 11am so they must have been letting people on from around 10:30am.

We were quite surprised by the rooms being ready so early as usually it’s 1:30pm or later.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bfsroyal said:

We had 11:30am arrival time - we checked in as soon as it opened and that was the earliest available. We were at a hotel in the port and left early to get there. There is a free shuttle bus from the metro station near the port that leaves every 10 mins. We arrived probably at the terminal for 10:40am.

My partner is always early. We expected to wait outside, but the terminal was already open and there was a long queue inside that moved very quickly - we had all our docs checked and it was straight on to the ship. There was already quite a few guests on board eating in the windjammer at maybe 11am so they must have been letting people on from around 10:30am.

We were quite surprised by the rooms being ready so early as usually it’s 1:30pm or later.

Wow, that's great to know, thank you!!

On 5/11/2022 at 10:27 PM, LinRon3 said:

So did you have any problems with the Binax tests? DId wifi work or did you have to use LTE data etc? And how did  you get documents to show [we always want the paper copies if possible].  So many questions on all this covid stuff and RCL doesn't seem to offer much advice on it. Thanks though for any info.  

I was flying home to Ireland. Ireland has not required a Covid test for people entering the country for some time so I didn’t have to worry about testing. 

On 5/17/2022 at 5:13 AM, lionheart said:

What time was your flight?

what time did you leave the ship?

hour security wow 

where did you do the Covid test? I’m thinking airport 

There was a shuttle to the airport which left the ship at 7.30am for anyone  with a flight before 1.30pm.  There was a second shuttle which left at 8.30am for anyone with a flight leaving after 1.30pm.  As it is only about a 30 minute run to the airport we were way too early for our flight which was at 1.35pm. but better early than late 😀😀

I didn’t need a Covid these as I was flying to Ireland - no test needed. 

On 5/17/2022 at 2:36 AM, HankaM said:

Does a free shuttle also take passengers from the Metro to the Port for embarkation?

I don’t think so I didn’t see one.  As we had stayed in city for a couple of days we took a taxi from our hotel.  Maybe someone else could answer your question for sure. 

33 minutes ago, marielco said:

There was a shuttle to the airport which left the ship at 7.30am for anyone  with a flight before 1.30pm.  There was a second shuttle which left at 8.30am for anyone with a flight leaving after 1.30pm.  As it is only about a 30 minute run to the airport we were way too early for our flight which was at 1.35pm. but better early than late 😀😀

Thank you 

I heard security line was long 

Just now, lionheart said:

Thank you 

I heard security line was long 

They had notices up showing the expected wait time at each terminal.  Terminal 2 was 54 minutes the Terminal 3 was 59 minutes.  We found these to be accurate.  The lines were very long but were organised efficiently and moved smoothly.  They apologised over the tannoy and there were signs up explaining new staff are being trained because of the downsizing during Pandemic. 

3 minutes ago, marielco said:

They had notices up showing the expected wait time at each terminal.  Terminal 2 was 54 minutes the Terminal 3 was 59 minutes.  We found these to be accurate.  The lines were very long but were organised efficiently and moved smoothly.  They apologised over the tannoy and there were signs up explaining new staff are being trained because of the downsizing during Pandemic. 

Ok thanks 

1230 flight boarding say 1130 hour security 1030 luggage bathroom 1000 Covid test 900 and trip to airport 830 

sp 730-8 sounds like enough time 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marielco said:

Thank you for the information. Do we need to book the shuttle? My flight is at 12:30 back to US so I was hoping to get to the airport as early as possible to get  tested.

On 5/17/2022 at 12:36 AM, HankaM said:

6 hours ago, marielco said:

I don’t think so I didn’t see one.  As we had stayed in city for a couple of days we took a taxi from our hotel.  Maybe someone else could answer your question for sure. 

I don't know about the free shuttle but there is a Bus 25 or 164 from close by the Orientkaj Metro station to the cruise port.

Edited by icsys
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, icsys said:

I don't know about the free shuttle but there is a Bus 25 or 164 from close by the Orientkaj Metro station to the cruise port.

We were told by our hotel about the free shuttle from Orientkaj Metro it is also right next to the water bus stop. I’m not sure what time it starts from or if it is on always when a cruise is departing or arriving. We are planning to use it to go back to our hotel on disembarkation if operating then and will try to get more info. It was apparently going every 10 minutes. We saw it at around 10:40am. It is a large bus like the ones used at airports for remote stands. It had a sign in the back window denoting it as free shuttle. The journey time is about 5 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I thought I had read that in the past, dining times on Baltic sailings were kind of flexible because it's so port/excursion intensive.  That they still assign early/late dining but people kind of show up when they can to  those seatings (not the MTD section).

Has anyone that sailed Voyager in the Baltic experienced this?  We love early dining and will make it most days but there will be a few days that excursions will cut it close and I don't love the idea of dinner in the Windjammer if we can avoid it.  

I have a question about time zones vs. ship time.  Copenhagen and Stockholm are in the Central European Summer Time zone, and Finland, Latvia, and Estonia are in the Eastern European Summer Time zone.  
So, when you look at shore times for ports, it says something like "Tallinn, Estonia 9:00am - 5:00pm."  Is that really 10:00am - 6:00pm Ship Time?  Is it local time or port-of-departure time?  Does the Ship Time change time zones accordingly?

1 hour ago, CruiseMelissa said:

Has anyone that sailed Voyager in the Baltic experienced this? 

Regardless of any previous flexibility, it would be considerate to show up sorta on time or go elsewhere. Yes, the very low capacity on Voyager may allow for flexibility but that doesn't mean you should count on it.

7 minutes ago, AdventureKenandCar said:

Does the Ship Time change time zones accordingly?

Ship time changes are kinda up to the Captain, so hard to predict. The times listed on the itinerary should be local times.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, anitaau said:

Thank you for the information. Do we need to book the shuttle? My flight is at 12:30 back to US so I was hoping to get to the airport as early as possible to get  tested.

The RCI shuttle is $29pp from port to airport 

Edited by little britain