disposal of sanitary products

Did a search but unable to find an answer...I began cruising when young..ish...and still needed to use feminine products so I am aware of the special disposal bags on the ship. I would like to know how diapers are disposed of...do they provide a special bag and take them when cleaning or do you need to bring your own bags or???? Just to be clear while trying to be delicate...I am referring to adult diapers. I know there is a special needs page but I would like to know specifically for Carnival. TIA for any information. 

4 minutes ago, shof515 said:

when i was traveling with someone with similar special needs, we used our own plastic bags and then we put the bags in the trash can in the room

Thank you!! In my research I have also come across references to biohazard bags being provided but unsure if Carnival does this. 

52 minutes ago, a4ofspades said:

Thank you!! In my research I have also come across references to biohazard bags being provided but unsure if Carnival does this. 

Yes, for adult diapers,  you request a "red bag" that alerts the cabin steward to the bio-waste and they can sort it out properly.  All garbage is hand sorted,  and if you use a non-clear bag, they will likely tear it open to see what type of garbage it is. 

Edited by chengkp75
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Yes, for adult diapers,  you request a "red bag" that alerts the cabin steward to the bio-waste and they can sort it out properly.  All garbage is hand sorted,  and if you use a non-clear bag, they will likely tear it open to see what type of garbage it is. 

Thanks so much!! I called the disability line and was able to make arrangements ahead of time for the bags so I appreciate the help. 🙂 

• Like 3

Back in 2017, we cruised on Carnival with our son who requires adult diapers.  We spoke to the cabin steward when settling in and let him know the situation and he provided a hazardous materials medical bag as needed each day.  That was worthy of a significant additional tip at the end of the cruise.  

• Like 3