Gifting Move Up Cabin to Friends

dream2cruise

I think there is a way to do this relatively easily once on board. My most relatable example is booking two staterooms for 3 people, my parents and myself. I ultimately ended up alone in my cabin but for the booking we gave the single to my dad for him to benefit from more points and booked my mom with me to give me the benefit of her balcony discount. Onboard, mom officially re-keyed to Dad’s stateroom. If your goal is just a cabin swap, I feel confident saying that you should be able to do this onboard without additional hassles. Prior to boarding, I think it’s more complicated and treated differently. Be aware that “for the record”, the way it’s booked is how it would be for loyalty credits. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can answer too though with this bump as I am interested in knowing too.

• Like 1

If you are able to manage this just ensure it doesn’t create any dining issues. For example, if you upgraded your friends to Aqua or a suite you would no longer share the same dining room assuming you are all presently booked in rooms that have the MDR as dining venue.

I was looking at bidding on a family verandah so friends with 17 year-old daughter would have more room and privacy.  Right now, they are in a regular verandah and did not get the email about move up options.  They are thinking of bringing magnetic hooks and a shower curtain to divide the space.

Agree that it may be easier to do on board. However, since you’d be moving a 3rd person you may run into an issue if the FV section of the ship has their max number of people for lifeboat purposes. They wouldn’t let you switch if that’s the case. 

23 minutes ago, dream2cruise said:

I was looking at bidding on a family verandah so friends with 17 year-old daughter would have more room and privacy.  Right now, they are in a regular verandah and did not get the email about move up options.  They are thinking of bringing magnetic hooks and a shower curtain to divide the space.

They don't need the email- just go to Celebrity Move Up, enter surname and booking number, and you can bid. 

• Like 1