Royal Princess Aft wrap around suite any shade

Caribensun

Royal Princess;  wanting to book an aft suite with the wrap balcony.  Is there any covering or are they pretty much in full Sun?  Want a balcony can be out on and not rained on or full Sun when lounging.

Would a Sanctuary cabana be better?
Thanks, Sandipalms

3 hours ago, Sandipalms said:

Royal Princess;  wanting to book an aft suite with the wrap balcony.  Is there any covering or are they pretty much in full Sun?  Want a balcony can be out on and not rained on or full Sun when lounging.

Would a Sanctuary cabana be better?
Thanks, Sandipalms

When you say "wrap" balcony, do you mean the corner? From what I remember of the corner suites on Royal class ships, there is very little shade or rain protection on the very very large corner balconies on Dolphin or Baja decks.   On the corner balconies that are "only" very large, Caribe and Aloha, there is more shade.  I believe there is one deck where the corners have almost no shade.... can't remember if it's Marina or Rivera.

Sailed on the Riviera starboard on the Regal think if is the same. No real shade once in a while depending on how docked would have shade toward the side. Loved the cabin though,large shower separate from tub no lip to lift your leg over. Large soaking tub was great after I fell  on an excursion and could soak. Note I am not a small woman but had plenty of room. Two weeks in this cabin and would do it again if the price was right, even though I need to watch my sun exposure nights were lovely.