Website Update: Minor Improvement to My Account

Greetings all - we've just completed a minor improvement to the shore excursion and dining reservation process on the website. It still looks the same, but the delay between the time you click on something and the time that something actually happens should be reduced to a more tolerable level. We still have much progress to make in this area, but it should be perhaps 30% faster than it was before, which will hopefully ease in some of the frustration.

Thank you as always for your patience as we continue to work to improve the website to a level that is more consistent with the quality of our onboard experiences!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

Mike we just completed the on line check in for our upcoming cruise (Nav220528) but it still shows we need to complete it. There is a check mark for each item.Could you check it out. 

15 minutes ago, HonTri said:

Mike we just completed the on line check in for our upcoming cruise (Nav220528) but it still shows we need to complete it. There is a check mark for each item.Could you check it out. 

If you could send me the details of your booking - mmoore@rssc.com - I'll be happy to take a look for you.

I have same issue_ on the main manage booking screen it shows "complete on line reservation" shouldn't it read "completed"  I went to the next page and it says complete for each item and boarding passes "sent"  kind of a cut and paste:

• Like 1

So long as the "complete" check box appears next to every item for all guests in your suite, then yes - it should say that Online Check-in is complete on the first screen. Feel free to email over your booking information and I'll be happy to double check it for you.

3 hours ago, Mike Moore said:

So long as the "complete" check box appears next to every item for all guests in your suite, then yes - it should say that Online Check-in is complete on the first screen. Feel free to email over your booking information and I'll be happy to double check it for you.

Thanks for checking, just sent email 

Yup,  much quicker!  I should have waited a couple more days before I booked my excursions.   As soon as I did them one of the islands was changed the next day and all the excursions are changing and the website got speedy!  Improvement is always welcome!  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, irishwitchy said:

Yup,  much quicker!  I should have waited a couple more days before I booked my excursions.   As soon as I did them one of the islands was changed the next day and all the excursions are changing and the website got speedy!  Improvement is always welcome!  

Glad to hear that! For anyone else on Splendor's May 21st sailing I can confirm that for some reason Online Check-in is not showing as complete for some guests. If you have received your boarding pass, there's nothing more for you to do and we're checking to see why your online check-in is not showing as complete. Apologies for the inconvenience!

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 12:30 PM, Mike Moore said:

Greetings all - we've just completed a minor improvement to the shore excursion and dining reservation process on the website. It still looks the same, but the delay between the time you click on something and the time that something actually happens should be reduced to a more tolerable level. We still have much progress to make in this area, but it should be perhaps 30% faster than it was before, which will hopefully ease in some of the frustration.

Thank you as always for your patience as we continue to work to improve the website to a level that is more consistent with the quality of our onboard experiences!

I’m going to argue with your characterization of the change as “minor.” I just booked my excursions for a cruise next year, and the improvement in time is dramatic. The last time I booked excursions for a cruise of the same length, it took about 45 minutes. This took less than 5 minutes. Thank you!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, wishIweretravelling said:

I’m going to argue with your characterization of the change as “minor.” I just booked my excursions for a cruise next year, and the improvement in time is dramatic. The last time I booked excursions for a cruise of the same length, it took about 45 minutes. This took less than 5 minutes. Thank you!!!

Very glad to hear that - thank you for the feedback! 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 12:30 PM, Mike Moore said:

Greetings all - we've just completed a minor improvement to the shore excursion and dining reservation process on the website. It still looks the same, but the delay between the time you click on something and the time that something actually happens should be reduced to a more tolerable level.

Thanks, @Mike Moore, another happy cruiser here.  Just completed booking my shore excursions at "lightening speed" compared to any time in the past.  The improvements are greatly noted.  I used Chrome.

On 5/12/2022 at 1:57 PM, Mike Moore said:

Ours for both our back to back cruises also shows the box checked but says “complete online checkin.”  We have done both and both boarding have been received, so no problems at all.  I suspect it’s just a glitch that it doesn’t change to “completed” when complete. 

16 hours ago, Anna makes Spongecake said:

Is mentioning not required on minor improved website?

It was something I had promised a few months ago, so I wanted to alert those that were waiting. And the amount of the performance was dependent on multiple variables, so I'm glad to see it being more of a major improvement for some guests. 🙂