what changes overnight

ImperialLady

20 hours ago, ImperialLady said:

Thank you for your reply. I will do as you suggested. Yes, it would be nice if Princess would be more informative. Using scheduled maintance is not believable.

Please understand that even the entire itinerary could change while even on the snip. We are on the Emerald, British Isles cruise and one port was changed just two weeks before sailing. Glasgow (a big deal to me) was removed and replaced with the Orkney Islands- which had been on the ORIGINAl itinerary and replaced with Liverpool. Regardless, have  a great time!

• Like 1

Just go and have and enjoy being out on the ocean again.    Things often happen for a reason.....maybe you will see a pod of Orkas or other variety of whales.   

Don't let the "what ifs" get to you.    

We've had excursions cancelled in the past and we just went with the flow.   Sometimes you find something better to do.   I'd have never seen the salmon swimming up Creek Street in Ketchikan if I'd gone on the excursion.   That was one of the most awesome sights ever.

Remember, the glass is half full and not half empty 🙂

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

Just go and have and enjoy being out on the ocean again.    Things often happen for a reason.....maybe you will see a pod of Orkas or other variety of whales.   

Don't let the "what ifs" get to you.    

We've had excursions cancelled in the past and we just went with the flow.   Sometimes you find something better to do.   I'd have never seen the salmon swimming up Creek Street in Ketchikan if I'd gone on the excursion.   That was one of the most awesome sights ever.

Remember, the glass is half full and not half empty 🙂

Enjoy your cruise!

thank you. That exactly what we intend to do.

I am on the Crown in July and am pretty torn on what to do at this point.  This will be my 3rd cruise in Alaska but the 10 family members joining me this time have never been to Alaska.  I wanted them to see Glacier Bay which is why we chose the Crown.  I am actually content with the current itinerary with Icy Strait Pt and still going to Juneau and Skagway.  My concern is if they change the itinerary to what the first sailing last week did where they lost Juneau and Icy Strait Point and had a few brief stops in Skagway and Ketchikan and a quick night in Victoria.  I get changing ports but if they turn a 7 day cruise in Alaska into being on the ship for basically 5 of the 7 days I do think that is pretty crappy of them.  I know some people love to be on the ship but I am one that wants to see the ports.  I would try and convince my family to switch to another Princess ship doing Glacier Bay from Whittier to Vancouver but the airfare for that is outrageous right now compared with going in and out of Seattle. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snate said:

I am on the Crown in July and am pretty torn on what to do at this point.  This will be my 3rd cruise in Alaska but the 10 family members joining me this time have never been to Alaska.  I wanted them to see Glacier Bay which is why we chose the Crown.  I am actually content with the current itinerary with Icy Strait Pt and still going to Juneau and Skagway.  My concern is if they change the itinerary to what the first sailing last week did where they lost Juneau and Icy Strait Point and had a few brief stops in Skagway and Ketchikan and a quick night in Victoria.  I get changing ports but if they turn a 7 day cruise in Alaska into being on the ship for basically 5 of the 7 days I do think that is pretty crappy of them.  I know some people love to be on the ship but I am one that wants to see the ports.  I would try and convince my family to switch to another Princess ship doing Glacier Bay from Whittier to Vancouver but the airfare for that is outrageous right now compared with going in and out of Seattle. 

I like the ports too.   Glacier Bay can be oh soooooo cold.

No one can tell you what to do.....

I'm one that is perfectly happy just sailing thru Alaska.....but then again, I don't have excursions booked either.    I've had more fun sailing to Alaska without a plan.   Just seeing the Mountains, the ocean, some eagles, a few whales (if I'm lucky) makes me grin ear to ear.    Much more so then cramming on a bus or boat with a bunch of sightseers.....but that's just me.

If you put your mindset into I'm going to have fun, no matter what......it's still a vacation.    

I know it's kind of like going to Disneyland and finding out the Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain are both closed BUT we still have It's A Small World open 😉

6 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

I like the ports too.   Glacier Bay can be oh soooooo cold.

No one can tell you what to do.....

I'm one that is perfectly happy just sailing thru Alaska.....but then again, I don't have excursions booked either.    I've had more fun sailing to Alaska without a plan.   Just seeing the Mountains, the ocean, some eagles, a few whales (if I'm lucky) makes me grin ear to ear.    Much more so then cramming on a bus or boat with a bunch of sightseers.....but that's just me.

If you put your mindset into I'm going to have fun, no matter what......it's still a vacation.    

I know it's kind of like going to Disneyland and finding out the Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain are both closed BUT we still have It's A Small World open 😉

Good points but I would equate it more to going to Disneyland and finding out all the rides are closed but Disney saying we should just wander around the park all day and spend money on food and at the gift shops and enjoy the fresh air.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Snate said:

Good points but I would equate it more to going to Disneyland and finding out all the rides are closed but Disney saying we should just wander around the park all day and spend money on food and at the gift shops and enjoy the fresh air.  

and the air isn't all that fresh in Anaheim......LOL