MDR "Always Available" items changes

Morgsmom

Well the menus have tightened up quite a bit and gotten a wee bit whackier, IMO. 

On the Divina (5/8-5/12/22) we no longer had had an option for chicken or fish if you don't like the main courses. Rather there is a new category called "Classic Favorites" that changes nightly.  For example for the Chef's Mediterranean night the entrée choices were:  1. Grilled Calamari Salad, 2. Potato Gnocchi, 3.  Blackened Grouper, 4.  Roast Pig or 5.  Punjabi Tadka. 

If none of these tickled your fancy the only entrees listed under "Classic Favorites" were Penne and (drumroll please) Southern Style Chicken and Waffles with warm honey 🍯.   I mean, WHAT?  On MSC?  I had to do a double take (considering that they usually can't execute a Eggs Benedict properly what do these folks know from Chicken and Waffles?)

The next night it was BBQ ribs and the following a "Homestyle' Meatloaf.  No chicken, no fish.

Someone at HQ is working way too hard trying to figure out what the American Market wants to eat, but in a somewhat tone deaf manner if you ask me 🙂

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, rusky123 said:

Sailing in Europe we had steak, chicken and fish as always available.

Sailing Norway now. Steamed fish, grilled chicken; "V"=side dishes. Steak is available every night for €19 (+/- I'm not sure about exact cost) surcharge. 

Sounds like they are listening to the people that say they need to appeal more to American cruisers. I love chicken and waffles, meatloaf and barbecue ribs and would  love to see what their take is on it. I will be on Divina for 19 days in October, so hopefully they will still have some of those options.

3 hours ago, miataman19 said:

Does anyone know if the menu change on Divina was in the MDR and the Yacht Club restaurant or just the MDR?

I can say that the MDR menu was changed. The YC will pretty much make whatever you want 🙂