Wi-FI NCL Epic Western Med

I will be on the Epic in the Western Med in July.  I will need speedy communications back to the US.  If the wi-fi on the Epic adequate for emails and the life.  I'm not looking to stream movies, but I need good wi-fi for business reasons.

I am looking into the AT&T International Day Pass for usage on land.

Has anyone used the AT&T Cruise Package on board?  is it reliable or am I better off using the ship's wi-fi for my internet needs?

The AT&T cruise package has very limited data. You can easily rack up hundreds of dollars in overage. 

It is satellite Wi-Fi shared with 4000 of your newest friends. No communications over satellite is going to be speedy.

If you have lots of text emails, not bad. But you won’t be downloading large graphics rich presentations. 

Wi-Fi calling over the Wi-Fi is ok. You will have some drop outs. The ship’s cell tower is a little better, but you will need the $100 unlimited calling package from AT&T. 

Been on the Epic twice, most recently just this past December.  Both times for us, the ship's wifi was unreliable at best, if we connected it took forever to load a simple web page or email.

Your mileage may vary, depending on where you are on the ship when you connect, but if it is important that you have a solid connection, you may want to explore other options.

• 2 weeks later...