Saint Greg's Splendor - Seattle to Alaska - Live - May 24-31

Saint Greg

I was excited about the Victoria stop because it presented an opportunity for me to right an injustice that was forced upon me over a decade ago when the girl in the McDonald’s window stuck me with three Canadian quarters. But now that we’re here..I just wonder if I’m going to want to get off of the ship at 8pm on the last night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

He also asked what I thought of his comedy show last night I said it was good. He definitely says things you wouldn’t expect to hear from a CD in it.

Apparently he also jumped on the piano in the piano bar. Took his shirt off and made $63 in tips.

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, blarko said:

It drives me nuts when someone says “Happy” Memorial Day. 

It's sad but I didn't realize what Memorial Day was for until a few years ago when someone posted an informational thing online about it. Growing up they didn't really ever tell us in school, and despite having my Dad be retired Military, and various other family members in the Military, it somehow never came up what exactly the day was for. I literally thought it was just like 4th of July because it tends to get lumped together in all the stores.

• Like 5

On 5/28/2022 at 8:35 PM, Saint Greg said:

7058DD88-30B1-4D72-A387-6F83FB0E878D.jpeg

Will never understand peoples inability to practice common hygiene. 24 years in the Navy, (8) 6 month deployments and a lot more time onboard during workups, drills, exams, and mini cruises. All served onboard aircraft carriers with over 6000 crew-members and never a problem with norovirus.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, CallistaSkye said:

It's sad but I didn't realize what Memorial Day was for until a few years ago when someone posted an informational thing online about it. Growing up they didn't really ever tell us in school, and despite having my Dad be retired Military, and various other family members in the Military, it somehow never came up what exactly the day was for. I literally thought it was just like 4th of July because it tends to get lumped together in all the stores.

A lot of people think it’s the same as Veterans Day. I know some people…a marine in particular…who are hard core looking to correct people. I prefer to just put it out there in a more gentle way. I know everyone wasn’t raised the same. I was taken to a cemetery for a ceremony every Memorial Day morning. Then we could have a cookout or crawfish boil or whatever in the afternoon. I would say most of the people I know think of it as just a day off of work.

• Like 13

That’s unfortunate m. They assigned me a big shared table and I had to ask for my own. Sorry I’m not a big social breakfast person with people I don’t know. So they gave me my own table right next to the big table I rejected. A little awkward.

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

He also asked what I thought of his comedy show last night I said it was good. He definitely says things you wouldn’t expect to hear from a CD in it.

Apparently he also jumped on the piano in the piano bar. Took his shirt off and made $63 in tips.

Bet he won’t be around long, at least as a CD.

• Like 3