Disembarking information

Hi there experts.

fairly new to Carnival, 

We’re sailing on Magic in August out of Manhattan cruise port. Looking for information/procedures? On Self disembarking.

Would like to know best way to ensure earliest possible walk off.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers

I have never cruise out of Manhattan but out of every other port, they ship request those with early flights to contact them before docking to make arrangements for exiting the ship. IF you do not have an early flight then you are assigned a zone that will be called to exit.  Some people do jump the lines and other may be invited to leave early if there is not a lot of people trying to leave at a given time. good luck and enjoy. 

• Like 1

On your last night on the cruise, the stewards deliver to each and every cabin, 2 pages of information on debarkation, times, places to meets, etc. It's very informative. Enjoy your cruise! 

• Like 1

I was on two cruises in April. The earlier one was Conquest out of Miami and they offered early walk-off debarkation. It was listed on the debarkation in-cabin pamphlet and they spoke of it when I attended the onboard informational meeting. We were instructed to arrive in the theater at 7:15 AM and were exiting shortly after clearance by port authority.

BUT, 3 weeks later on the Horizon out of Miami they didn't offer early walk-off debarkation. It was nowhere to found in the in-cabin pamphlet and I also went to the informational meeting and they did not speak of it as being an option.

For the Horizon cruise my flight ended up being delayed by 2.5 hours so I sat on the ship and ate breakfast late. If not I might have needed to "cut the line" by leaving before my zone color was called.

Edited by kilkoyne

In a similar situation as I'm out of Manhattan in August as well... I'm a platinum so we'll versed in Carnival procedures but never cruised out of Manhattan.  We just got a schedule change for our flight, it now departs LGA at 1220. I don't want to miss it and not sure how long it will take to get there on a Monday. Carnival transportation says no flights before 1PM... I don't know taxi availability at the pier. I guess an Uber is an option I'd no taxis are there if I self assist.