Mini Bar

Gordy Pordy

38 minutes ago, Gordy Pordy said:

Does anyone know if the mini bar is included in the premium extra package? 

Gordy

No unless your in Yc.

The mini bar in your cabin will be unlocked and you can help yourself but you will be charged. There is a price list in your cabin. The cabin staff will know exactly what is in there and how many of each. 

9 hours ago, Gordy Pordy said:

Does anyone know if the mini bar is included in the premium extra package? 

Gordy

8 hours ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

No unless your in Yc.

The mini bar in your cabin will be unlocked and you can help yourself but you will be charged. There is a price list in your cabin. The cabin staff will know exactly what is in there and how many of each. 

The only things included in YC minibar for free is beer and soft drinks. Spirits 5cl miniatures are now chargeable. That said, there is a limited spirits & champagne menu from which you select one bottle of your choice per cruise....again, this is YC only, and not included in the premium extra package.

39 minutes ago, hamrag said:

"...there is a limited spirits & champagne menu from which you select one bottle of your choice per cruise..."

Since YC covered drinks all over the ship, we didn't want to bother with a full bottle of liquor. Instead, we made a souvenir of ours and collected signatures like a HS yearbook.

20220304_202626.thumb.jpg.8f0422d15282bc7024d7e15aa188dc93.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

The only things included in YC minibar for free is beer and soft drinks. Spirits 5cl miniatures are now chargeable. That said, there is a limited spirits & champagne menu from which you select one bottle of your choice per cruise....again, this is YC only, and not included in the premium extra package.

My apologies I thought it was all free still in yc. At least I know now for when I get back on ship in Aug in YC.

Can I just ask re butlers do they follow you everywhere or can you just say if you need anything you will just go to yc reception and ask. It will be my 1st in yc so a new experience for me. 😊

5 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

The strange thing: they remove the free stuff from minibar, but call your butler an he will bring it from main bar..... 

Yes, it appears to be madness, but....IMHO, the reason the original daily restocking full minibar is no longer available is because of those who twice daily emptied all alcoholic miniatures and loaded them into luggage to bring home! Seriously, we met some who freely admitted to doing so. 🤔

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

.....Can I just ask re butlers do they follow you everywhere or can you just say if you need anything you will just go to yc reception and ask. It will be my 1st in yc so a new experience for me. 😊

No, they don't stick around like gum. If you need anything, the go to place is the YC concierge as first port of call.

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

Yes, it appears to be madness, but....IMHO, the reason the original daily restocking full minibar is no longer available is because of those who twice daily emptied all alcoholic miniatures and loaded them into luggage to bring home! Seriously, we met some who freely admitted to doing so. 🤔

I'm sure they were smart about the risk of breakage, and carefully wrapped the miniatures in YC-embroidered towels and robes! ☺️

• Haha 2

On 5/16/2022 at 12:48 AM, hamrag said:

Emptying the mini bar twice a day has never even entered my mind. Last time we were on MSC it was for 14 nights. I would have needed a large suitcase to pack all those small liquor bottles if I raided the mini fridge twice a day. That is just crazy in my mind!

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, frank808 said:

I would have needed a large suitcase to pack all those small liquor bottles if I raided the mini fridge twice a day. That is just crazy in my mind!

Rarely are there any of the mini bottles that I would bother taking with me.  More often than not, what is stocked is stuff that I don't drink.  

• Like 2

On 5/20/2022 at 1:12 PM, rkacruiser said:

Rarely are there any of the mini bottles that I would bother taking with me.  More often than not, what is stocked is stuff that I don't drink.  

And that is why the thought never even crossed my mind to empty the mini frig. Plus the flight home to Hawaii lugging those is crazy. We gave our YC and Black bottles to Arthur and his assistant each week. Told me they put it to good use.

16 hours ago, frank808 said:

Plus the flight home to Hawaii lugging those is crazy

A true story:  OK?

A TWA L-1011 flight from DAY to LAX in First Class, with my Mother on her first flight whose previous attitude was "my legs aren't long enough to touch the ground".  I purchased First Class because I wanted her first flight to be as pleasant as possible.  And, flying to/from LA was the only way that that our cruise on the Monterey was going to be able to happen in my vacation time frame.  

The First Class section of the plane had few guests.  The onboard experience was perfect.  Our flight attendant conversed with us quite a bit and learned about our trip.  As landing in LAX approached, she offered to give us many of those miniature bottles that had been consumed.  We accepted.  We carted those through our Hawaiian cruise (consuming a few) and then back home.  On one of those planes home, we thought we had retrieved all of the items we had placed in the overhead luggage space, we missed one:  the bag that had the rest of those small bottles.  Some cleaner for the airline must have had a pleasant after work evening--or more!

On 5/15/2022 at 2:41 PM, hamrag said:

We also had waters, sparkling and flat, 2 kinds of juices (orange and ?blueberry) in small bottles and I requested a bottle of wine instead of the beer, which they gave me. Very nice.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Muushka said:

We also had waters, sparkling and flat, 2 kinds of juices (orange and ?blueberry) in small bottles and I requested a bottle of wine instead of the beer, which they gave me. Very nice.

Yes, abundant glass bottles of water.