Different results with different reps

On the phone yesterday working on repricing a reservation. Originally got connected with a gentleman that said my booking was with a group even though I made the reservation online myself which I explained to him. He then proceeded to put me on hold while he supposedly was checking with another department (?). After waiting patiently on hold for about 30 minutes or so I left this hold line open and called RCI on my landline (yes I still have one) and after going through the menu I was immediately connected with a very nice women who was able to reprice the reservation in less than 5 minutes.  Mission accomplished and disconnected the on hold call.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zebra36 said:

On the phone yesterday working on repricing a reservation. Originally got connected with a gentleman that said my booking was with a group even though I made the reservation online myself which I explained to him. He then proceeded to put me on hold while he supposedly was checking with another department (?). After waiting patiently on hold for about 30 minutes or so I left this hold line open and called RCI on my landline (yes I still have one) and after going through the menu I was immediately connected with a very nice women who was able to reprice the reservation in less than 5 minutes.  Mission accomplished and disconnected the on hold call.

Always remember HUCA - Hang Up Call Again (or in your case, stay on hold and call on second line :)) 

3 hours ago, zebra36 said:

After waiting patiently on hold for about 30 minutes or so I left this hold line open and called RCI on my landline

You should have asked the second agent to put you in a three way call with yourself.🤣

4 hours ago, zebra36 said:

This has also happened to me and I was only trying to move my cabin location (exact same category GS). I was onboard Explorer and onboard they have no access to bookings. Guest services put through a call for me and the first rep kept me on hold for 45 min...never came back for an update even though I told him I was onboard a ship. I hung up had to have Guest Services put through the call again and it was all taken care of in just a few min.

I think it's very unhelpful that onboard Next Cruise can't help with bookings !!!!!