Crown Princess Alaska May 14th

Crow9

My Juneau excursion was just cancelled due to operational concerns and I can't book another one since the excursions online are closed.  How crowded is the excursions desk on board to book a new one?

1 hour ago, Crow9 said:

My Juneau excursion was just cancelled due to operational concerns and I can't book another one since the excursions online are closed.  How crowded is the excursions desk on board to book a new one?

I haven’t had any issues the two times I’ve gone to the excursions desk. I had one excursion through the ship cancelled (luxury car, Skagway white pass railroad), and princess rebooked me on a similar excursion (regular car white pass railroad) but at an early time. It was super easy to change to the later train and I only had to wait about 5 minutes to talk with a crew member (first day of the cruise, around 3pm). 

the second time I went was just to book an excursion at icy straight point and similar to before, very helpful crew member and we were able to walk right up….but I will say, it was at 8am in the morning which may have helped.

• Like 2

On 5/16/2022 at 8:02 AM, caribill said:

I thought new crew had to be in isolation for a period of time as a Covid-19 precaution.

I have an answer for you.  I spoke with upper management, our waiter, and read the US CDC cruise website.

Short version from CDC website states no quarantine required if crew member is fully vaccinated or up to date, tests negative ashore before boarding the ship, and does not come from a high to very high COVID-19 transmission area.

Upper management stated same as above and can work right away.  Also said member is tested 3 days in a row, cannot eat in the crew mess but must eat in the deck 5 midship MDR during that period, and must stay in their cabin for that period unless working or eating.

Philippines is a level one low COVID area in the website.

US CDC cruise website here:

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/management/technical-instructions-for-cruise-ships.html#st-table-1

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Mike & Zen said:

Download your mandatory ArriveCAN app for your entry into Victoria.  I find the app easier to use than the website.

Create your ArriveCAN account, then upload your passport and proof of vaccination.  You can do that now to get it out of the way.

Then within 96 hours of boarding the ship, enter the rest of your information.  When ArriveCAN asks for your first port of entry into Canada, tap in Ogden Point pier A and B (Victoria).  After entering your information, submit it, receive your ArriveCAN receipt with a QR code and an email with the same.  Take a screenshot and print out the email as a backup.  The last part takes less than a minute.  It’s just that easy!

Do you have to enter your Negative test results after you take the antigen test for Princess requirement? We are going to test at 48 hours. 

46 minutes ago, oregonian123 said:

Do you have to enter your Negative test results after you take the antigen test for Princess requirement? We are going to test at 48 hours. 

No, ArriveCAN is only to enter Canada.  Effective 1 April, 2022, there is no longer any COVID-19 test requirement to enter Canada by air, land (rail), or marine.

Prior to 1 April, 2022, when a COVID-19 test was required to enter Canada, the ArriveCAN app and website then required you to enter your test.  However, since 1 April, it has been removed.  You only need to set up your ArriveCAN account, upload your passport and proof of vaccination, save it, then 96 hours prior to boarding, enter the rest of your travel information to enter Canada.  I would suggest you do the first part now to get it out of the way.

But if you enter Canada by air or land, you are subject to a random mandatory COVID-19 test.  We were randomly selected twice at YVR when we flew back to Canada from the USA after our cruises there.  Only delayed us by about 15 minutes in our case.

If you are boarding your cruise in the USA, you follow the US CDC/cruise line pre-embarkation requirements.  If you are boarding your cruise in Canada, you follow Transport Canada pre-embarkation requirements.

Sounds like you are starting/boarding your cruise in the USA?

Pre-embarkation testing for USA and Canada are found in the Princess FAQs.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, oregonian123 said:

I forgot to add in my reply if you are fully vaccinated there is no longer a test requirement to enter Canada.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike & Zen said:

No, ArriveCAN is only to enter Canada.  Effective 1 April, 2022, there is no longer any COVID-19 test requirement to enter Canada by air, land (rail), or marine.

Prior to 1 April, 2022, when a COVID-19 test was required to enter Canada, the ArriveCAN app and website then required you to enter your test.  However, since 1 April, it has been removed.  You only need to set up your ArriveCAN account, upload your passport and proof of vaccination, save it, then 96 hours prior to boarding, enter the rest of your travel information to enter Canada.  I would suggest you do the first part now to get it out of the way.

But if you enter Canada by air or land, you are subject to a random mandatory COVID-19 test.  We were randomly selected twice at YVR when we flew back to Canada from the USA after our cruises there.  Only delayed us by about 15 minutes in our case.

If you are boarding your cruise in the USA, you follow the US CDC/cruise line pre-embarkation requirements.  If you are boarding your cruise in Canada, you follow Transport Canada pre-embarkation requirements.

Sounds like you are starting/boarding your cruise in the USA?

Pre-embarkation testing for USA and Canada are found in the Princess FAQs.

Thank you!! Yes, we are on Seattle Roundtrip to Alaska (Crown Princess). I have done the first part already and will now do the final part at 96 hours.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oregonian123 said:

Thank you!! Yes, we are on Seattle Roundtrip to Alaska (Crown Princess). I have done the first part already and will now do the final part at 96 hours.    

Oh, I just read ArriveCAN was updated 3 days ago to version 2.29.6..

Additional ports of entry…

and Vaccinated travellers now asked for destination
address.

If your ArriveCAN app didn't automatically update, you might want to do a refresh.

4 hours ago, oregonian123 said:

I believe it is 72 hours for Arivecan

3 hours ago, Mike & Zen said:

72 hours for Air and Land.  96 hours for Marine.  It gives you an extra day for Marine

Thank you!  I appreciate the answer and having another day will help us out!  

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 1:22 AM, Mike & Zen said:

I have an answer for you.  I spoke with upper management, our waiter, and read the US CDC cruise website.

Short version from CDC website states no quarantine required if crew member is fully vaccinated or up to date, tests negative ashore before boarding the ship, and does not come from a high to very high COVID-19 transmission area.

Upper management stated same as above and can work right away.  Also said member is tested 3 days in a row, cannot eat in the crew mess but must eat in the deck 5 midship MDR during that period, and must stay in their cabin for that period unless working or eating.

In my opinion, this is not the best practice to prevent Covid from spreading on the ship.

Testing negative does not always mean the person does not have Covid at the time of testing. It means there is not enough to be detected at the time of the test if the person is infected. That is why there is additional testing 3 days in a row.

However during those 3 days, an infected new crew member could expose other crew members and passengers to the virus that causes Covid.

Best practice would be to isolate new crew members for those additional three days.

Anything less could result in an outbreak on the ship which could have been avoided.

• Like 1