Crown Princess Alaska May 14th

Crow9

6 minutes ago, caribill said:

I thought new crew had to be in isolation for a period of time as a Covid-19 precaution.

I will ask him tonight.  But I do know the US CDC has made some recent changes with respect to testing.  And the top upper management has told me all crew is tested every week.

In our 8 cruises with Majestic last year and this year that ended in January 2022, you are correct.  And the day before turn around, we were tested for Covid.

However, for the 7 May Crown cruise, we were not tested the day before turn around day.  I asked management and I was told the US CDC has made it a recommendation only.   Part of my planning for these cruises was to bring some test kits.  Zenny and I did a self antigen test the morning of arrival, 14 May, tested negative and feel great.

Even though masks are only recommended, we still wear ours to help reduce risk as we have six months of cruises booked and want to continue cruising.  But the choice is up to each guest.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, caribill said:

The previous cruise had everyone receiving a $100 OBC as compensation for the revised itinerary.

Yes, you are 100% correct.  We received $100 OBC each for the change in itinerary for both the 7 May and 14 May cruises.

1 hour ago, Mike & Zen said:

The toilet issues were passenger generated and not ship systems related.

There were passengers who threw baby diapers, sanitary napkins, banana peels, apple cores, brown paper towels, etc, into the toilets, which plugged the lines that in turn caused loss of vacuum and overflow.

The few plumbers worked relentlessly on the cabin decks and in engine room spaces to clear the pipes and valves.  Just when you thought it was over, we lost vacuum again within an hour and at best a few hours of relief.

Unfortunately, the passengers causing the blocked lines could not be pinpointed.

Wow, wow, wow.  Wonder if they do that at their own homes?????

Thank you so much for the very detailed update on everything.  Very helpful to know.  Especially glad to know the engines seem to be doing their job and getting you to the ports.  Appreciation for anything you can share about this weeks cruise as crew numbers grow and everyone settles in.  I'm still hopeful for a successful Alaska cruise on this ship.  

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Crow9 said:

Did you make it to Juneau and Skagway on time?  What time did they let you off the ship and how does meeting excursions work if booked through Princess?

We made it to both ports ontime!  We docked at 2:30 in Juneau and they

told everyone that it would take about 30 minutes to get the walkways up for disembarkation. They made an overhead announcement when they were ready. My group did not get off right away (about 20 min after their announcement) and we only had to wait about 5-10 minutes.   I’m the Princess Patter is notice that in Skagway, it would take them from about 6am-11am to get the ramps in place to disembark. So during that time you would have to go down stairs to disembark and if you have mobility issues you will need to wait until that later time. So something to keep

in mind if that applies to you!

I’m not sure about meeting excursions because we used an independent operator for our whale watching — Alaska Tales and they were amazing! We got lucky and there were only 11 of us ok a boat that normally has 50 people. We got to see a bunch of whales, sea lions, and even some harbor porpoises which the captain said was rare.

I’m assuming we made it in time/close to on time at 7am in Skagway… I “slept in”  until 7. We are going scenic white pass excursion booked through the ship later this morning, so I can report back.

Overall my group has been having a blast!  We’ve been really enjoying Maria who hosts most of the trivia on the ship. The singers and dancers were really good at the stage productions 2 nights ago. And the food has been great!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

57 minutes ago, Crow9 said:

Other than covid test, passport, vaccine card, and being green in the ocean ready medallion app, was there anything else I need to do before getting on the ship?

ArriveCan app for your Victoria stop.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Crow9 said:

Other than covid test, passport, vaccine card, and being green in the ocean ready medallion app, was there anything else I need to do before getting on the ship?

Download your mandatory ArriveCAN app for your entry into Victoria.  I find the app easier to use than the website.

Create your ArriveCAN account, then upload your passport and proof of vaccination.  You can do that now to get it out of the way.

Then within 96 hours of boarding the ship, enter the rest of your information.  When ArriveCAN asks for your first port of entry into Canada, tap in Ogden Point pier A and B (Victoria).  After entering your information, submit it, receive your ArriveCAN receipt with a QR code and an email with the same.  Take a screenshot and print out the email as a backup.  The last part takes less than a minute.  It’s just that easy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2