Evening dress questions - MSC Seashore in the Caribbean

travelmomva

I've been searching on this board and not finding the answer to a couple of dress questions.

1. Can my 11 year old son wear khaki shorts and a collared shirt for formal night, or do I need to force him into slacks?

2. Where can I find out in advance which nights are which dress code for my sailing (Seashore, Western Caribbean)? I've looked under my reservation online, downloaded the app, and can't find that info.

3. I've heard MSC has theme nights. Any way to find out in advance what the themes are?

This is my first time on MSC so thanks for your insight!

9 hours ago, travelmomva said:

I've been searching on this board and not finding the answer to a couple of dress questions.

1. Can my 11 year old son wear khaki shorts and a collared shirt for formal night, or do I need to force him into slacks?

2. Where can I find out in advance which nights are which dress code for my sailing (Seashore, Western Caribbean)? I've looked under my reservation online, downloaded the app, and can't find that info.

3. I've heard MSC has theme nights. Any way to find out in advance what the themes are?

No one cares.

Especially children.

Wear anything you want. I have done 5 since December.

Only theme nights were a white night and a roaring 20s.

I did a B2b on Seashore in December.

Those that dress up will tell you everyone else did. That's BS. They just want you to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When we were aboard, White Night had a lot of white, all over the ship. Other nights, overall better dressed than other mainstream lines, due to the higher numbers of non-Americans.  The only shorts I saw in the evening were on a few pre-teen girls.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, travelmomva said:

1. Can my 11 year old son wear khaki shorts and a collared shirt for formal night, or do I need to force him into slacks? That's OK, once for kids the MSC atmosphere uses to be more relaxed than for adults on the formality levels. They'll accept them either way, no worries!...

2. Where can I find out in advance which nights are which dress code for my sailing (Seashore, Western Caribbean)? I've looked under my reservation online, downloaded the app, and can't find that info. Don't know. Maybe, guest services or the MDR Maitre D's may give you that info.

3. I've heard MSC has theme nights. Any way to find out in advance what the themes are? Bear in mind that against what is the norm on the more American lines, theme nights on MSC use to follow the actual demographics of your sailing rather than being a full fleet sort of thing. Got a 70% Italian crowd? Expect an Italian night of sorts. Got a 70% German one? Expect a beer event of some sort! Their rule now is just a single formal night per week and a single "generic" theme night per cruise, ranging from Italian/Mediterranean night in Europe to a white night in most US sailings. The entertainment team may organize some theme parties in one of the lounges, but that is entirely optional, for example I have never gone on one.

Have your answers in blue and have a nice day!

• 3 weeks later...

I believe you can book them on the TV, in the app, or on the screens around the ship.  
my experience on three of four MSC sailings is that the non-US passengers, especially the women, will dress up more for every dinner, not just formal nights.  EM

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MANDMTRAVEL said:

How far in advance can I book the shows and where?

That have screens all over the place to book many things and to access schedules and such.

Once onboard you can do the whole week.

I did not bother as I was always Yacht club plus we had low passenger count.