Australia & NZ visa requirements for Canadians

Bluemoose

hi all.... we're going to spend 2 weeks in Australia before getting on a cruise that also visits several NZ ports....   I understand we need an Australia visa before we fly in, but there seems to be several options, with different price tags !    has anyone recently obtained an Australian visa and what visa did you get ?     Similarly, do we need a visa for the 4 or 5 cruise ports ? (we've never had to get visas in the past for cruise stops in different countries)....   thanks in advance, cheers

Good question. You do need one to fly into Australia however, because your visiting New Zealand by cruise I believe the cruise line looks after this. Check with cruise line. I know with Princess they do mention visa requirements. 
We’re doing the same trip at the end of October (12 days Australia/New Zealand). 

3 hours ago, DHP1 said:

Good question. You do need one to fly into Australia however, because your visiting New Zealand by cruise I believe the cruise line looks after this. Check with cruise line. I know with Princess they do mention visa requirements. 
We’re doing the same trip at the end of October (12 days Australia/New Zealand). 

We cruised with Oceania and got both visas ourselves. Often cruise lines will offer the service of obtaining visas on a guest's behalf but usually at a cost.