Semi live from Azamara Pursuit May 17th Athens to Barcelona

travelberlin

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

travelberlin was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

I have benefited a lot from the experiences of others while cruising. It is three years since I have started a live thread. I have decided to do it on this cruise because Azamara has not been communicating much in the last time and many people are just wondering. I have just purchased an internet package for the whole cruise in order to do this and if the internet connection allows, I will try to post.

Please whoever is onboard and feel to post here you are most welcome. It will be great to see how my fellow cruisers are experiencing this cruise.

My experience up to now is positive. I had a COVID test with negative result checked at the terminal. I was on board at 14.00. Once on board and after having my board picture taken, I was requested to show my vaccines certification and with a glass of sparkling wine on my hand I, and a small group of cruisers, got the instructions about safety in case of emergency.

At 14.30 I was having a light lunch at Windows al fresco. 

It is like coming home on a way. My cabin is small but I like  it.

Ivi6474A70B-6F92-4010-9C2C-3846E148065F.thumb.jpeg.0594988203b9909eb87588c5357581ff.jpeg6474A70B-6F92-4010-9C2C-3846E148065F.thumb.jpeg.0594988203b9909eb87588c5357581ff.jpeg

07A17FEC-326B-444F-9188-A60748AF9CB3.jpeg

Edited by travelberlin
Mistake
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 6

Congrats, you made it! Appreciate your effort in disseminating your experience. Will be following your thread with great interest as my Pursuit cruise starts in less than 2 weeks.

Do you know who are the lead officers on board? In particular, the chef as the way I understand, they are all new...

Enjoy your cruise!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, andrcan said:

Congrats, you made it! Appreciate your effort in disseminating your experience. Will be following your thread with great interest as my Pursuit cruise starts in less than 2 weeks.

Do you know who are the lead officers on board? In particular, the chef as the way I understand, they are all new...

Enjoy your cruise!

I will try to find out

Ivi

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing, I will follow you closely. I have a Baltic cruise in June on Pursuit and this will be my first cruise on Pursuit and have watched a bunch of videos on YouTube but this will be the first live account. Did you use a travel agent to book your cruise?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, shorthairshort said:

Thanks for sharing, I will follow you closely. I have a Baltic cruise in June on Pursuit and this will be my first cruise on Pursuit and have watched a bunch of videos on YouTube but this will be the first live account. Did you use a travel agent to book your cruise?

Yes. I always book my cruises through travel agents in the hope that if something goes wrong the travel agent will be able to help.

Ivi

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks for the Blog loved reading it.

You say that you had a CoVid test at the port on embarkation, was this done by Azamara and was it Free of Charge??

On our upcoming Azamara Quest cruise 26.3.22 they are saying that we will be tested at the port and it will cost us 59 dollars per person, all very confusing.

• Like 1

IF you would not mind, I would like to know if they are selling Spa Terrace passes for non suite people. This has been a big issue of debate recently. How many people are on your cruise? Your picture leaving Athens is breathtaking. Thank you for posting... Have a fabulous time!!

• Like 3

We are also onboard. We arrived with our negative antigen test results at the port and we’re asked for our vaccine cards at check-in. 

Our first day is a sea day, so we tried to book massages. But as I expected, the appointments were all booked when we got there at 4 pm. We picked other dates, which worked out. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, travelberlin said:

We have left Piraeus. It is a wonderful evening. My friends ask me often why I like to cruise. The picture shows one of 81AF9B82-35B9-4099-8FDF-408B6ABBF692.thumb.jpeg.332053024e54abd2f10506a6442def22.jpeg reasons…

Wow! Love your picture❤️

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, LEESRE said:

Many thanks for the Blog loved reading it.

You say that you had a CoVid test at the port on embarkation, was this done by Azamara and was it Free of Charge??

On our upcoming Azamara Quest cruise 26.3.22 they are saying that we will be tested at the port and it will cost us 59 dollars per person, all very confusing.

We needed a COVID test. This was the first thing they ask at the terminal. In my case, I have done an antigen test at a Pharmacy in Athens the day before the embarkation. The cost was Euro 7 and the results were there in 15 minutes. 
I think other passengers had their tests done at the terminal but I am not sure how much they paid. My recommendation is to have your antigen test done one day before in a pharmacy in Athens.

Ivi

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, zipcruise said:

Ivi, did you see the moon last night? Fantastic!! I’ll try to upload a picture later in the day

I would love to see your picture. This was my last picture last evening. But it is not the moon.

Ivi

A78BFBC3-D55A-41EF-90E5-068575CEBE1F.thumb.jpeg.991fd9d52fad7cecd073645e8e0d406e.jpeg

• Like 12

17 hours ago, andrcan said:

Enjoy your cruise!

The Captain is Mikael Palmroos and the Cruise Director is Ernest Marchain. 
Ivi

F92E8B75-C25C-42A8-853E-796B12BCC7B4.thumb.jpeg.711d3124a84ae2e386d7e212ea73dc09.jpeg

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

The Captain is Mikael Palmroos and the Cruise Director is Ernest Marchain. 
Ivi

F92E8B75-C25C-42A8-853E-796B12BCC7B4.thumb.jpeg.711d3124a84ae2e386d7e212ea73dc09.jpeg

Thank you Travelberlin! Really enjoying your input and your pictures.  I will also be on the Azamara Pursuit May 31st out of Barcelona. 

• Like 2

Thanks everybody for following my cruise. Internet does not always work and I am having difficulties to post.

Last night I went to the first show of this cruise. About 10 % of the cruisers were wearing masks. I am wearing it in all places inside. It is part of my strategy to avoid COVID. Hopefully it works.

I have enjoyed the show last night. Six talented singers and dancers  offered us a nice mixture of songs. Fortunately I could recognize some of the songs. I have problems when young performers sing songs which I do not know, but last night it was fine. Ok…I have to admit that they won me with the song from Neil Diamond: “Sweet Caroline “. I am a big Neil Diamond fan and once, many years ago I have camped three nights  to get tickets for one of his concerts in USA😄. So I am a little bias reporting…

I have met the Executive Chef Nathan. He comes from India. It is too early for me to say anything about the quality of the food but up to now I am fine. 

Ivi

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2