CD Joey Boyes - any notes?

Hi guys.  I'm doing my due diligence for my next cruise, which happens to be next month on the Panorama.  Looking forward to it! 

Anyway, part of my research is finding out about our cruise director, who seems to be a gentleman named Joey "Let's Hear It For The" Boyes.  😁   I did a search here and didn't find much.

I'll ask the usual questions - has anyone sailed with him before and can recall any details about him?  Cute catchphrase?  Overuse of the speaker?  Fancy dance moves?  Anything else notable about him?

Thanks in advance!!

P.S.  So many of the CDs I've had seem to have moved on since I last cruised on Carnival so long ago (actually it was only 2 1/2 years, but it seems like longer).  I can't say that I blame them.  I only recognize a few of them. ☹️

His phrase is "cheerio". Didn't seem to overuse the speaker to me. I didn't do any of the organized events but he was fine when we sailed. He was out and about and engaging with folks. He stopped by our table at dinner one night and was there at debarkation to see us off as well. Seems like a nice fella, I'm sure you'll enjoy his demeanor. Have a great cruise!    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Compared to Christian on our earlier Panorama cruise... he was seen in the exact same spots at the exact same time, was on the PA at the exact same time,  etc.  Their movements are scripted, as is much of their material.  The biggest difference is that Christian was more athletic and put forth high-energy, whereas Joey is much more laid back and focused on comedy/making people laugh.  

It's pretty clear the staff overwhelmingly enjoyed Joey, so I assume he's genuine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, calbred01 said:

Just off the Ship and Joey was funny, laid back and was very nice when we spoke to him! 80s night was a blast with his Dirty dancing re-creation (and yes, they did the lift)

Review! Review! Review! 😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, groundloop said:

I've yet to see a cruise director make or break a cruise.  Not much difference between them, and of course they're all going to be on the PA pushing bingo card sales.

You’ve never cruised with Cookie (yay!) or Savannah (uuuuuuuggggghhhh) before … really great and really bad CDs can definitely alter the vibe.

• Like 2

On 5/19/2022 at 1:37 PM, cruisingguy007 said:

Review! Review! Review! 😄

When Christian did the routine, he had hoisted one of the super petite girls up; Joey solicited several volunteers from the audience to hoist himself up - was pretty funny.  Interestingly enough, he skipped the entire dance routine performed for 'Pour Some Sugar On Me,' (where Christian and the Aussie kid did a backflip/cartwheels and Christian was hoisted up), comically saying he had gained weight during COVID and nearly tore his ACL doing the routine earlier.

• Thanks 1