Return to Silversea

CoSec

It is several years since we sailed with Silversea, in the days before the Silver Muse class ships and inclusive shore excursions were introduced.  We shall be sailing on Silver Moon later this year and are impressed by the number of dining options available.  

I am sure this question has been asked many times before, so apologies for asking again, but is it necessary to book ahead to eat in any of the restaurants and dining venues other than La Dame and, in the evening,  for the Japanese restaurant and, I think, Silver Note?  Are the rest open seating on a turn up basis?  If any booking is required for any restaurant is it advisable or necessary to book ahead of boarding, or will there be scope to do so on board?

As to included shore excursions is it necessary or advisable to book before boarding?  If so, how far in advance, and do thy typically fill up quickly with finite limits?

1 hour ago, dawntrdr said:

As to shore excursions, definitely try to book as early as possible on My Silversea, as many are fully booked by the time you get onboard.

At least some will sellout immediately when the booking window opens.  Set the date on your calendar if there are certain excursions you really want.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gourmet Gal said:

At least some will sellout immediately when the booking window opens.  Set the date on your calendar if there are certain excursions you really want.

Does the window opening vary from voy to voy or is it a "set" 120 days out? (sorry but have not been on SS in a few+ years)