What's Included?

babs135

We are sailing on the Iona at the end of June and I think I'm pretty much aware of what is included in the price as per the information on the website.  Are there any other 'includes' that haven't been mentioned and that I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

Really depends on whether you booked Early Saver or Select. I expect you are aware of the difference anyway. Select you will pay extra, but get choice of cabin number, priority dining even if you are on a ship with only Freedom Dining, a choice of onboard credit, parking or coach and free shuttle bus when used. From what I know or what has been said certain things have been taken away, such as turn down of bedding in the evenings and a charge for breakfast in your cabin at £2.50 (Not sure if this is per person or a delivery for two) Once you have completed a 15 nights =150 points you will then on your next cruise receive 5% discount on your total bill. This tier goes from 150 -500 points. Once on 501 points you then receive a 7.5% discount. This tier from 501-1000 points. The next tier 1001 points and a 10% discount. This tier 1001-2000 points. Then to achieve Baltic you need at least 2500 points and to have done between 80-200 nights on board for 3 years preceding your next cruise and finally Ligurian at least 2501 points and spent 201 nights in the tree years preceding your next cruise. Every night accounts for 10 points.The Baltic and Ligurian are still only 10% discount but you also get a special lounge in the terminal and some free laundering. Once a member of the Portunas club there are cruises that offer an additional 10% discount.

• Like 1

Have been Ligurian for years - not much different from Caribbean! They are not over generous! On last cruise I was most cruised guest. Got 70 quid OBC. Better than a photo album and a pic with the captain I suppose!!

• Like 3

Well FI, at least it had some value. When we were on QM2 a few years ago, the commodore presented the most cruised couple with Cunard, a bunch of flowers. We were astonished and embarrassed all at the same time!!

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 9:46 PM, majortom10 said:

We reached the dizzy heights of Baltic a few years ago but when we stopped cruising with P&O so often we were relegated to Caribbean and TBH dont know or have noticed much difference.

In all honesty although never been Ligurian or Baltic although back is 2010 we did a 24 night cruise followed by a 26 night cruise later in the year. Don't think these two additional tiers were available. The goalposts have been moved a number of times through the different names of this club. Although it was the POSH club some time ago, then I believe the PENINSULAR club and now PORTUNAS. We went on a cruise the year Oriana was on her 20th Anniversary (2016) and the Captain announced that virtually all the passengers onboard were upper tier passengers. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the 5,7.5 and 10% tiers are altered in the future to a higher number of nights to  achieve the various levels.