Is all inclusive sailing a bust for Celebrity ?

Ex-Airbalancer

Even when AI went into effect, you could get a cruise only price.  I priced my upcoming cruise both ways.  Basic cruise plus tips price was only $80 less than the AI price.  Even though as elite plus, I get pre dinner cocktails and enough free internet time, we chose the AI.  Seemed a small price to be able to use WiFi without limits and grab a drink anytime.  All prices should include tips. Everyone should pay them.  

35 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

While it may take upwards of 15 minutes, can you not back into the price, generally, as we know what the daily pricing is gratuities, internet and beverage package? Or is there something which I have not considered in the calculation which you are seeking?

bon voyage

I usually spend quite a while choosing between several possible itineraries before booking a cruise, so like I said I like to see it in black and white, rather than refer back to my notes made from a phone call. Especially as I know that Celebrity themselves do not always get it right first time. If I was just looking at one cruise I think a phone call would not be so bad.

My cruise last week, and my upcoming one, were both booked before AI, after being lifted and shifted a few times. I had the Classic Bev package and found I managed okay with just the Elite 90 minutes WiFi, so know I do not necessarily need that. Just the gratuities to add on. 

Edited by laslomas

Is No Perk Rate about $50 per person per day less than Always Included fare? We have already booked 2 rooms SV & C1 for 2023 14 days. I called to see what No Perk rates would be, both rooms (2 people in each ) are $1400/room less, so $700 less per person without perks. I think it's worth switching to No Perk for us. Please post if you have changed your existing booking to no perks and what's the cost difference. Do they take away the original air discount when someone has air discount on the existing reservation? 

• Like 1

I ran across this today while checking cruising power for deals, it pretty well explains why they did it:

VACATIONS WITH MORE OPTIONS

Introducing NO PERK rates in refundable & non-refundable fares. Ideal for price-driven clients and creating demand through your marketing channels, our new NO PERK rates are the perfect opportunity to leverage lower rates to drive traffic and UPSELL clients to Always Included vacations, allowing you to earn more commission.

40 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Found this on one website for the. Constellation TA in November 2023

$2500 USD for a balcony with 3 perks 

$1700USD for a balcony no perks 

$800/person less without perk for 16 days. So it's good to figure on $50/person/day x number of people less than Always Included. Thank you! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, whattodo said:

$800/person less without perk for 16 days. So it's good to figure on $50/person/day x number of people less than Always Included. Thank you! 

Double that if you’re a solo traveler.

Never met one yet who needs TWO classic bev pkgs….but then again, never say never 😉

2 hours ago, whattodo said:

For a person who doesn’t drink, or has status and is willing to only do it 5-7, and doesn’t have much need for Internet, or is willing to curtail their minutes, it’s a good deal.

Always good to have options that appeal to a range of customers.