Help required! Going to cruise in Italy a week today and…

Cookie002

Good Morning fellow Canuck’s

i am leaving for a celebrity cruise in a couple of days. I have done my research on the Covid rules, but I know there are some experts on this board, and I just want to confirm all my ducks are in a row!

Leaving Toronto for Italy, I have my vaccine record with my booster, which is well under the 270 day time frame. I have downloaded ArriveCAN to my phone and have pre entered all the information that I am allowed to do so, including my vaccination records.

I did do Italy PLU form but understand this is no longer needed (although I will bring the scan code just in case).

My understanding is that I do not need an antigen test prior to boarding the air Canada flight, or even entry to Italy. My vax record is enough.

I do need to do an antigen test 1 day prior to boarding the cruise (and have the logistics figured out for this in Rome, so no problem)

I may need a PLU to get off the ship in Spain, but apparently celebrity gives you all the info on how to do this before disembarking so I am not concerned. I think I also need an antigen test to disembark in Spain, but this is not a problem as I can do this onboard the ship.

Traveling back to Canada, using ArriveCAN, I understand I do not need to provide an antigen test, but I can be randomly selected once in Toronto for testing.

Am I correct on all these points? It seems weird I don’t need an antigen test to get on the flight to Italy, and it seems weird I don’t need one to board the plane back home. I have no problem doing the tests, I just don’t want to be surprised at the airport…..
  • Like 1

Sounds good.  My only advise will to be fully prepared for a PITA at Pearson customs.  We came through there last weekend and it was horrific.  They were only letting 50 people at a time off of the plane, customs kiosks were packed, they were not sanitized in any fashion, there was no hand sanitizer anywhere to be seen.  Once you finished kiosk you lined up to exit.  The kiosk wait line and exit line got all intermingled, lots of angry people, staff shouting.  Exit line was nose to tail, side by side all the way through.  Some people took masks off because it was so hot, some had them partially on, some fully masked.  I would recommend you have hand sanitizer and wear a N95 or NK95 mask for that part.  Took us 90 minutes to get through and by the sounds of it we were lucky to get that.  It was a PERFECT environment for a super spreader event.  Best of luck and enjoy rest of your trip though😀  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the info. I am not looking forward to the return to Canada part, I have read so many things about what a zoo it is….

and celebrity emailed tonight changing the antigen requirement to two days prior rather than one…. This is the third time in the last three weeks they have flipped the requirements…..