Baltimore: Assistance with Bermuda application

shipgeeks

Can anyone confirm that there are Bermuda officials at the Port of Baltimore to assist with any problems with applications?

Apparently some passengers are not aware that an application must be done. Others might not have received a final confirmation before traveling to the port.

Rumors are again popping up that hundreds are just being left behind.

Yes, I've been reading all the earlier sailing posts as well, on CC and elsewhere.  (Actually, elsewhere is where I read it, but no mention here on CC.)  "200 people left behind", but no direct answers to what happened, or if this is even true.  Sailings from other ports have mentioned "the Bermuda officials" who helped process those who needed to do their applications, or complete some information at the port. It's all very curious.

I receive the Baltimore Sun and watch an hour of local tv news in the morning and another hour of local tv news in the evening.  I have heard nothing about 200 passengers left behind.

You could try to contact someone at the terminal.  Cruise.Maryland.gov

or the port pobdirectory.com

I have read a few posts recently regarding Bermuda cruises leaving from Manhattan on an NCL ship. Apparently many passengers were arriving at the pier and hadn’t completed the necessary Bermuda Covid Authorization Forms. Because the paperwork wasn’t completed the ship which was scheduled to leave at 4:00PM was held up until 10:00PM. Some passengers weren’t allowed onboard and missed the sailing. They didn’t give a number on how many actually missed this voyage.

Re Manhattan, I read that NCL had (erroneously) told their passengers to not begin the Bermuda application process until within two days before departure.  This, of course, overwhelmed the system, and led to the big delays.  Those pax who didn't even know to do it added to the delay, and if some were unwilling to do it (incl pay their $40), they could certainly be left behind.

RC has informed pax to apply well within 30 days.  Some could still arrive unaware and unprepared. But I still find it hard to believe that 200 were just dumped at Baltimore. The only answers I get are "I was on the cruise, I know it's true", but then "No, I wasn't dumped, and I don't know anyone who was".  I gather the unprepared were taken out of line to wait for separate processing.

I guess I will find out next week!