Problems with NCL Prima and Viva?

razor7_us

Previously booked a 9-day on the Viva out of SJ in Dec 23.  Tried doing a mock booking for price comparison and low and behold, I wasn't able to complete a booking.  The website would not allow a cabin selection for any type of stateroom.  Before you comment, I attempted this on my desktop, laptop and tablet, all with the same results.

I thought maybe just a problem with the date and tried to complete 3 more bookings on the Viva on different dates with the same result.  I'm the kind of guy who likes to research every aspect of a particular cruise prior to calling an agent and not being able to is frustrating.

I tried this same drill with the Prima and wouldn't you know, same results. I resorted to using the chat feature from the website and while waiting in the queue, I tried to look at the official deck plans for both ships on the website and found both have been removed.  They had both previously been published under the "explore our ships" drop down but no longer.  When my chat session became active, I asked the agent if there was a problem with the delivery of these 2 ships and was told no.  I asked if there was a problem with the website's inability to complete a booking and was told no.  The agent told me that she was able to see everything on her screen and asked me what I was looking to do.  So I asked her to check on the availability of a midship balcony on deck 10 for the Viva's 9 day cruise from SJ in Dec 2023.  She told me there were several cabins available and to provide my phone number for a callback to finalize.  I asked what cabin numbers were available with the price and she said she couldn't discuss cabins or pricing on Chat.  

Why is it that NCL is preventing clients from researching and booking their cruises for these 2 ships and forcing you to resort to a call back to make a reservation? And, mind you, the reservation can be made but you can't see your cabin on a deck plan.  I realize 3rd party websites have both Prima and Viva deck plans, but these are unofficial.  NCL will take your reservation, accept a payment on your reservation but won't allow you to take control over your own selection process for these 2 ships at the moment.

Prima's inaugural cruise has already been cancelled and I think it is more than the "supply chain issue" statement we all saw and what it is remains to be seen. NCL has been holding many thousands of my dollars for a couple of years now.  With all the cancellations, one of which was 4 days before sail date, and rebooking, using FCC and refunds, I have 3 fully paid for cruises but I have yet to make any payments on my Viva booking other than the deposit.  I think I will hold on to my cash for awhile and see how this plays out.

3 minutes ago, razor7_us said:

Prima's inaugural cruise has already been cancelled and I think it is more than the "supply chain issue" statement we all saw and what it is remains to be seen. 

So, a publicly traded company has announced a delay. What do you think it is?

Is this like the moon landings done on a sound stage? There appears to be a ship. It maybe void of finishings because of supply chain issues. 

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 9:34 PM, razor7_us said:

Previously booked a 9-day on the Viva out of SJ in Dec 23.  Tried doing a mock booking for price comparison and low and behold, I wasn't able to complete a booking.  The website would not allow a cabin selection for any type of stateroom.  Before you comment, I attempted this on my desktop, laptop and tablet, all with the same results.

I thought maybe just a problem with the date and tried to complete 3 more bookings on the Viva on different dates with the same result.  I'm the kind of guy who likes to research every aspect of a particular cruise prior to calling an agent and not being able to is frustrating.

I tried this same drill with the Prima and wouldn't you know, same results. I resorted to using the chat feature from the website and while waiting in the queue, I tried to look at the official deck plans for both ships on the website and found both have been removed.  They had both previously been published under the "explore our ships" drop down but no longer.  When my chat session became active, I asked the agent if there was a problem with the delivery of these 2 ships and was told no.  I asked if there was a problem with the website's inability to complete a booking and was told no.  The agent told me that she was able to see everything on her screen and asked me what I was looking to do.  So I asked her to check on the availability of a midship balcony on deck 10 for the Viva's 9 day cruise from SJ in Dec 2023.  She told me there were several cabins available and to provide my phone number for a callback to finalize.  I asked what cabin numbers were available with the price and she said she couldn't discuss cabins or pricing on Chat.  

Why is it that NCL is preventing clients from researching and booking their cruises for these 2 ships and forcing you to resort to a call back to make a reservation? And, mind you, the reservation can be made but you can't see your cabin on a deck plan.  I realize 3rd party websites have both Prima and Viva deck plans, but these are unofficial.  NCL will take your reservation, accept a payment on your reservation but won't allow you to take control over your own selection process for these 2 ships at the moment.

Prima's inaugural cruise has already been cancelled and I think it is more than the "supply chain issue" statement we all saw and what it is remains to be seen. NCL has been holding many thousands of my dollars for a couple of years now.  With all the cancellations, one of which was 4 days before sail date, and rebooking, using FCC and refunds, I have 3 fully paid for cruises but I have yet to make any payments on my Viva booking other than the deposit.  I think I will hold on to my cash for awhile and see how this plays out.

I noticed the same thing that I am unable to look at the cabins.  I figured it was a fluke and moved on.

On 5/19/2022 at 11:34 PM, razor7_us said:

No longer there - it's now 7-day on Dec 22-29 2023. There is a 9-day but it's on 29 Dec 2023 - 7 Jan 2024.