PCR TEST, NAAT TEST, OR SELF TEST AT HOME VERIFIED BY A THIRD PARTY

lrcruising

I am hoping that someone can give me a quick answer to my question.  We leave on a cruise May 30.  we have been fully vaccinated and booster so we have to take our test 3 days prior.  I was going to book at NAAT test so I would have the results in an hour but then when reading my documents, it states: a covid-19 antigen test, pcr test or at home test verified by a third party.  My concern is that if i have a pcr test done on Friday, with the weekend, I may not get my results back by boarding time in Iceland.  

Does anyone have any answers/suggestions?

If you're sure that a rapid antigen test is permitted (as opposed to PCR, which can take longer), those can be done at a place like Walgreens or even at home with an online monitoring service like this one:   https://rapidtestandtrace.com/shop/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw-JyUBhCuARIsANUqQ_LVKGHyNtQVpCRKWOz7dgHAiqgR2OgMXmcbT1Wi-EBX24TIHtDKpBcaAhduEALw_wcB

Just be sure the testing window is really 3 days if you choose the antigen test; sometimes those are required with a day of travel--like when you need to return to the US.

You might be confusing Antigen with Antibody?  Not many places administer Antibody tests and the results would take longer and would not be very useful for travel.  At home Antigen tests take 15 min at most.  Flowflex is one that can be monitored by a third party online.  There are others as well that you can buy at the pharmacy - just Google.  There should also be local pharmacies that will administer Antigen tests in your area.

Edited by Gourmet Gal

5 hours ago, lrcruising said:

the antigen test is not a quick test and not available in my area.

It is a quick test and is available free of charge at select Walgreens stores. Go to the Walgreens web site and you can search for the nearest store to you that is offering the service.

FLOWFLEX

You can get these at CVS, Walgreens, Publix, Target. Go on those WEB sites and put in Flowflex, You will see who has them in your area. Ours were 7.99 each. You have the option to have it "proctored" for 20$. It's inside the package or on Azova.com.  

In February DH and I became full time Nomads.  We did our first FLOWFLEX the day of our evening International departure out of the US to Buenos Aires.  Was super easy.

We brought 8 of them with us. You can pick a time  24 hours a day to have one proctored. Its very convenient.  You set up appointments on their APP/Website.  You use your phones camera.  We will always travel with proctorable tests. 

You do NOT want an antibody test.  You want Rapid/Antigen test.

Edited by kimanjo

On 5/20/2022 at 11:50 AM, lrcruising said:

the antigen test is not a quick test and not available in my area.

Hi, good morning, the antigen test is a quick test.

On 5/20/2022 at 4:17 PM, kimanjo said:

FLOWFLEX

You can get these at CVS, Walgreens, Publix, Target. Go on those WEB sites and put in Flowflex, You will see who has them in your area. Ours were 7.99 each. You have the option to have it "proctored" for 20$. It's inside the package or on Azova.com.  

In February DH and I became full time Nomads.  We did our first FLOWFLEX the day of our evening International departure out of the US to Buenos Aires.  Was super easy.

We brought 8 of them with us. You can pick a time  24 hours a day to have one proctored. Its very convenient.  You set up appointments on their APP/Website.  You use your phones camera.  We will always travel with proctorable tests. 

You do NOT want an antibody test.  You want Rapid/Antigen test.

This is such great information! Thank you for sharing!