Covid Vaccine Status

cruise saint

Can't you request the vaccine status to be emailed to you as a pdf document. That option is certainly available on the "English" version of the NHS App.

I always request an email copy so that I can print it off and carry it with me as a belt and braces exercise. You never know when technology will let you down - phone glitch, no signal, dropped and damaged phone, battery death.

I also think that security/immigration staff prefer to see paper copies rather than squinting at small screens on phones. Just my opinion BTW so don't shoot the messenger

• Like 3

They say at Southampton that they prefer printed version of any necessary documents because wi-fi is so unreliable so I would either try to print it off or save it to a file so you dont need to rely on wi-fi. 

• Like 1

Definitely find a way to get it onto a paper copy.  There was an instance recently where a couple were denied boarding because their NHS Scotland app had started updating but not finished and they were unable to bring the proof up on their phone.

• Like 1

Cannot print from the app.  

Also noticed that domestic certification has been removed from app.  

Log onto your NHS Scotland account on a PC or tablet.  You get options to download and print pdf or request one be sent to you.  I’ve done this several times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruise saint said:

Didn't realise I could request a paper copy (should have read the app more thoroughly).  I will be doing this. Thanks everyone. 

This info is not on the app.  You need to log on to the website.

The Scottish vaccine status letter is still only valid for 3 months but it arrives very quickly after request. We recently ordered new copies for a recent european holiday as we didn’t want to risk carrying out of date paper copies (although you can’t become unvaccinated!). We’ll probably have to reorder again as we have another holiday booked in September 

I took screenshots of my vaccination status last time which is easy to find in the photos. No WiFi needed at the terminal and it was perfectly acceptable.

Now they might say they prefer paper copies but it’s a preference not a rule - and given the hoops they expect us to jump through, and the craptitude I often experience with their typical response to queries prior to a cruise, I went for the easiest option for me 🤣

Edited by Camberley
  • Like 4