Questions about South Hampton

notalandlover

Hello to the group. I wanted to thank everyone in advance for reading my post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  On August 1 my wife and I are taking a cab from a London hotel to Southampton to board the Emerald Princess for  a 12 British Isles cruise.  I have a few questions. I’m fully vaccinated and boosted within 60 days of sailing.  (Pzifer). We arrive at Heathrow on July 29 from the US.

1. Do I need a reservation for a Covid test at the dock? If so how does that process work?

2. What is the latest I can be at the dock or be in line and still get a Covid test before boarding.

3. Do I pay in GBP or visa for the test

Edited by notalandlover
Spelling

Short answers:   given with the proviso that these can change at any time.

1. No

2. Not sure what you mean - -  You select a time you want to board on the Medallion app

When you reach the dock  if you dont  have a test you need to tell them straight away

They send you a short distance away to a temporary test site - take the test - you will be directed to

seats for waiting ( separate area)    If test is negative  (good)  you then rejoin the checkin system.

3.  Neither - it is charged to your on board account     US60  per person   ( LFT)

Padded answer

Maybe read this post I did for someone on a Aug 11 cruise I am on

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2773252-aug-12-2022-island-princess-iceland-greenland-cruise-16-nights/?do=findComment&comment=63245301

You should also be reading the protocols and Q&As   for UK cruising

here:  https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/uk-southampton-cruises/   

I was going to quip that your cruise will not be so far off by the time you have read them

then I spotted  that they changed something on 19th May  so I will have to read them as well   LOL.

Edited by Aulanis
added price

We are flying over from the US too. We purchased the tests recommended by RCCL and the airlines through eMed. They are proctored antigen tests that you do on a device or computer. When you are ready to take them, you log into you account and are connected with a proctor. It definitely gives you schedule flexibility. They came out to $25/kit plus shipping (which was ridiculously high in my opinion). You will need to test too to fly back to the US.

Stephanie

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few Lloyds and Boots pharmacies in Southampton so they do these tests for 29.99 and give results while you wait about 20 mins   this might be worth looking into  you book by phone or on line