New to Celebrity - 2 Questions on Drinks included and Specialty Dining packages

carolina_yankee

We are booked on our first Celebrity Cruise - Apex 12 Nov 2022 - after five Disney cruises since 2006 and one river cruise in Europe (Avalon).

First, the Always Included questions:

We’re booked C1 with Elevate package. I’m assuming that means our included Classic drink package will be upgraded to Premium once we pay in fulll Is this noted somewhere in our booking on the site or app (it is on the confirmation). I’m a little nervous because the website would let us purchase the drinks packages. I would have thought it would know we wouldn’t need that. 

Would it be possible to upgrade to the higher speed internet if we need it for the difference in cost?

And the dining package question.

We bought a 3 meal specialty dining package but there doesn’t seem to be any booking options for the first night. Does X choose them randomly? If so, couuld we adjust the time if we wanted it earlier or later?  Also, it looks like we book the 2nd and 3rd meals once we board. Is that correct?

We’ve had our eye on Celebrity for some time and are excited to do this trip.

Thanks for the answers and any tips you might have!

The drink upgrade to premium will show on your sea pass once you get on board - if you look at your invoice, it may show the upgrade to premium but it will not show up on the website under your booking.  Don't buy any drink packages - you will be fine.

You may be able to upgrade to the better internet package, if you need it.  We had it on our last cruise and it was ok, but we don't stream or anything so the basic would have be ok, for us.

Think they will randomly assign your first night dining, but you can change that once on board if you want and book your other specialty dining at the same time - just go to any specialty restaurant or, on day 1, they may have crew tables set up to do this.

Have fun - enjoy

Hi OP,

In answer to your first question, the AI elevate package, to my knowledge is not showing up on your booking on the website nor on the app, until your Express Pass is ready. Then you should see on your Express Pass ( on the web site and the app), the mention PALL to reflect your premium package.

Meanwhile, on your written Booking Confirmation (Guest Copy), the following mentions should be shown:

Elev-Elevate

Grat ( with the number of night of your cruise)

Surfchg ( with the number of nights of your cruise)

BevPringra ( with the number of nights of your cruise)

It will be possible to upgrade your internet either before or during the cruise. I am not sure, how the cost is calculated.

Regarding your three meals package, Celebrity will book your first meal, on day 1 or 2 of the cruise, choose the venue and time. However, once aboard, you can check with the responsible person what has been selected for you. Based on availabilities, it's often possible to change it. Then you can book yourself the next two meals: venue, day and time.

Hope this helps! 

With the dining package it is best to go to one of the restaurants as soon as you board and set up your days, times and restaurants for each of your 3 dinners.  The computer system requires a day , time and restaurant for 1 meal in order to process the transaction.  You are not required, or expected to keep that reservation.  Prime times fill quickly so book sooner rather than later to get the best choice of times.

As for the beverage package you can go to the cruise planner and look under Order History and at some point the a premium beverage package will show there.

Some times a few weeks after booking other times after final payment. 

Thanks for the information, everyone! It sounds like it will all be fine

I just remembered that my one challenge is that we will be traveling with another couple who will also do the dining package but haven’t bought it yet. We will definitely want to link our reservations somehow. Sounds like that should be doable on our embarkation day.

It’s fun to cruise when everything will be a new experience!