Help please- Delta/Celebrity air changed my flights-

labdoggomom

I now have ridiculous layover times. The original flights were booked with Celebrity- now Celebrity is telling me I no longer have those seats - paid for and ticketed. 

If I want more acceptable flight times, I need to pay more more money. 

My original seats and flights are for sale on the original airline. I know that celebrity reserves pockets of seats- this is insane. 

4 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Waiting to hear the resolution.  The more stories that I hear like this the less likely I am to use Celebrity Air 

I was trying to be positive and hold out hope that this trip would be uneventful 

27 minutes ago, labdoggomom said:

My husband is on hold with them. 

This is a totally illegal bait and switch. Under the guise of other workplace ailments. 

Not so.  Airlines have the right to revise their schedules.  Usually they will work with you to find a better schedule if their new one is unsatisfactory,

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Not so.  Airlines have the right to revise their schedules.  Usually they will work with you to find a better schedule if their new one is unsatisfactory,

I think the issue here is that the original flights are still available on the airline side of things.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

From the OP's first post, it's not entirely clear that they are victims of a schedule revision.

• Like 1

If you have a ticket/locator number, it's possible you may be able to correct this online.  Not sure if your original airline was Delta. We were able to handle our changes thru Delta in a similar circumstance because of their schedule change.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

From the OP's first post, it's not entirely clear that they are victims of a schedule revision.

Yes. I am the victim of a schedule revision. Flights were booked on Celebrity, so Delta will not touch them. The Celebrity staff said Delta cancelled the flight, so I lost my seats. Then Delta reinstated the flight, but did not assign Celebrity the same number of seats, nor honor the existing ticketed and paid for seats- MINE! So my flights were changed. My original departure time was 11:30 am and now it is 2:30. My arrival home was 4:43 pm, now is 10:50.

3 minutes ago, labdoggomom said:

Yes. I am the victim of a schedule revision. Flights were booked on Celebrity, so Delta will not touch them. The Celebrity staff said Delta cancelled the flight, so I lost my seats. Then Delta reinstated the flight, but did not assign Celebrity the same number of seats, nor honor the existing ticketed and paid for seats- MINE! So my flights were changed. My original departure time was 11:30 am and now it is 2:30. My arrival home was 4:43 pm, now is 10:50.

Ah, I see. @cruisestitch is quite correct, but in your situation that really sucks. However it you had ticketed directly with Delta, I think you would still have the same problem of not being able to get your old seats back at the old price, but at least you could plead your case directly instead of thru an intermediary.  I could be wrong and we will never know.  

40 minutes ago, labdoggomom said:

When are you flying?

Sounds like your reservation was pending and not ticketed.  - but wait you said it was ticketed. If it was ticketed, then Delta should be able to help you with the change....I find chatting with them on the app is easier than waiting forever on hold

Edited by Justprettynpink
  • Thanks 1

I did not use FBC for my flights this October for a variety of reasons, several due to what you stated.  I booked my own flights with the same airline, chose my seats and just paid before my cruise final payment.  The hassles with FBC just were not worth the long hold times, continual changes and grief. They were great before Covid, but now a consolidator that operates at the whim of the airlines' rules that constantly change. Unfortunately, not all airlines have the same rules, but at least, IMHO, I feel I have a little bit more control and ability to handle my own reservation.  TBD!

Keep talking with Delta; get a supervisor if necessary.  Book your own flights for the times you want and then cancel FBC, as you have plenty of time.

Good Luck!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

If Delta changes your schedule by more than 30 minutes you are allowed to re-ticket.  If Delta changes your seat class you have the right to a refund.

Not sure what happens when Celebrity is in the way.

Delta does nothing.

• Like 1

Delta does nothing.

Sorry, but once you book FBC, you are stuck with their rules; you can cancel, as you have plenty of time, without penalty; just make sure you have your new flights/sets booked.

• Thanks 1

Delta does nothing.

Unfortunately that's what happens when you put someone else between you and the merchant.  

I've been a Delta frequent flyer for decades.  That's Delta's policy, but if you use a broker that is a possibility.

Even if you get this particular situation sorted out to your linking you can count on many more changes in the next 7 months. I wouldn’t stress too much because it will happen again. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, labdoggomom said:

Delta does nothing.

The only roll call you've posted on is the Beyond for this coming December.  If that's the cruise for these flights, you may certainly cancel them with Flights by Celebrity without penalty.  Have you made final payment for the entire cruise amount already?  It isn't due for quite awhile.  If you've only made a deposit, you aren't necessarily ticketed unless you paid the airline ticket price in full (depends on the airline's rules).  Did you prepay the full price of the flights already?  If not, even if you get the seats you want on a flight you want, you're going to be facing this for a few more months until you pay for your cruise and flights in full.  You'd need to pay for your tickets immediately if you book directly with Delta, but you'd be in control if/when the flights change again.  BTW, I don't trust airlines to notify me of time/seat/equipment changes so I check my flights/seats each morning on my phone app.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1