Dinner & Show Reservations on SOTS

We are on SOTS next week and I understand that all dining and show reservations need to be done while onboard. My question is, can we make the dining and show reservations from our app, or will we need to go to the Box Office and a dining location to make our reservations? Thanks in advance. 

5 hours ago, surfjock27 said:

We are on SOTS next week and I understand that all dining and show reservations need to be done while onboard. My question is, can we make the dining and show reservations from our app, or will we need to go to the Box Office and a dining location to make our reservations? Thanks in advance. 

app

6 hours ago, surfjock27 said:

What dining and what shows.  Specialty and MTD require reservations.  Traditional dining, you should have been assigned a time at booking time.  Theatre shows, no longer require reservations--it's FCFS.  Other shows like Aqua, Ice, Adult, etc. require reservations.  You could do it via the Royal's APP or once on board there's entertainment staff that will make those reservations.  

Happy sailings,

4 hours ago, nelblu said:

What dining and what shows.  Specialty and MTD require reservations.  Traditional dining, you should have been assigned a time at booking time.  Theatre shows, no longer require reservations--it's FCFS.  Other shows like Aqua, Ice, Adult, etc. require reservations.  You could do it via the Royal's APP or once on board there's entertainment staff that will make those reservations.  

Happy sailings,

The broadway shows on Oasis class ships have always needed reservations. When has that changed?  

23 minutes ago, renza said:

The broadway shows on Oasis class ships have always needed reservations. When has that changed?  

With return from the pandemic.  Been on Oasis, Mariner, Allure and Anthem since they started sailing and no reserves required for the headliner shows in the theatre.

Edited by nelblu

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

With return from the pandemic.  Been on Oasis, Mariner, Allure and Anthem since they started sailing and no reserves required for the headliner shows in the theatre.

I was on symphony, allure and oasis since Feb and all broadway shows needed it unless u go in 10 min before show. 

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Two different things - headliner shows typically don’t need a reservation, some production shows (like Spectra on Anthem) on some ships do.  Now, you may be able to walk right in without one, but there’s a booking system for some shows.  Very unlikely you will walk in on the adult comedy show in the small venue on Oasis once she starts sailing full. 

6 hours ago, nelblu said:

Happy sailings,

Yes theater shows need them. Headliners do not. Both in main theater 

23 minutes ago, renza said:

I was on symphony, allure and oasis since Feb and all broadway shows needed it unless u go in 10 min before show. 

Thanks, good to know as

. I was on Allure in late January and Anthem Easter week and no teserves.  Anthem was sailing at 80% and with 1,200 kids.  They had a Jersey Boys and Beatles tribute which was very popular with the attendees. 

22 minutes ago, gg255210 said:

after boarding,

where do I go to make theater reservations if I don't want to mess with the app?

Try Boleros on the 5th deck.  This was the place that I made theatre and other entertainment reservations on the January 22 Allure sail.