Hair Salon - Root Touch Up Price?

SeaDayLvr

Be careful it will be very expensive and I would expect them to say it has to be a full redo as they won’t be able to guarantee a match. I’ve heard and seen way too many horror stories with cuts and recolours onboard. Most people stick to wash and blow dries which is usually done reasonably well. The staff don’t often do much else so you are a practice model at high salon prices otherwise. 
As a benchmark a simple wash and blow in April was $69 plus a mandatory 18% gratuity 
I’d get the retouch done before you go

Edited by uktog
  • Like 2

I bring my color with me-  and have had no problem with the salon results .  The alternative is to bring the formula for your color- although different brands can have different results.  

I am not sure of the cost of a touch up- but I think it was $89.00.

The cost of a wash and blow varies by the length of your hair- $49-$59-$69.

Thank you all!  Unfortunately I will be away for almost 2 months, so will need a touch up once.  I am going to bring the color formula with me from my hair stylist.  Hopefully the salon on the ship can match?  Fingers Crossed!

I am usually on the ship for several b2bs and get color every 3 weeks with blow out.    I bring my own color to avoid problems.   My home salon is happy to sell me the color which prevents previous problems I have had trying to match the color.

I am guessing Liz's cost included a blow out.   I agree with Liz the OBC credits are quite useful in the salon.

Whether it's expensive or not depends on what it costs at your home salon. I live in a suburb outside of Chicago and back in 2019 on the Quest I had a single color and thought it was very reasonable compared to what I pay here. I don't remember what it cost, but no way could I get a single color and blowout for $125!  🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I am on the Pursuit now and a root touch up is $99.  Loyalty discount does not apply.  You can only use your discount towards “signature spa items”.    I also asked about the 20% off deal I had seen in the daily program onboard.   Unfortunately that only applies to “signature” items also.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pirokp2 said:

I am on the Pursuit now and a root touch up is $99.  Loyalty discount does not apply.  You can only use your discount towards “signature spa items”.    I also asked about the 20% off deal I had seen in the daily program onboard.   Unfortunately that only applies to “signature” items also.  

I was never able to use the discount in the spa. Those „signature „ packages are few and not attractive.

• Like 1