Flights into Fort Lauderdale

lyttleone1977

I have found really good airfare via Spirit in to FLL. According to the Carnival website there is a Carnival rep there to arrange for a transfer to the port in Miami. How difficult is it to arrange for transportation? Can I do it ahead of time? Sorry for all of the questions, but this is my first time :)

There's a private shuttle company that handles transfers from FLL to the port in Miami. It's a walk-up service with transportation in vans rather than buses. Also a little cheaper. Just ask outside baggage check. Carnival reps will also be there but their timeframe may be limited.

back.....on the way down we had florida limo take us to south beach for our hotel stay and cab to dock.

On the way back we just took a taxi to hollywood westen (outstanding service I might add at this hotel, with what was potentially a nightmare since there was an "adult conference" going on and we had our 8 year old with us)

took taxi from hollywood to airport...ran about the same price both ways!

Carnival DOES offer shuttle service from the Fort Lauderdale airport. I believe it's around $64 per person round-trip. This is what we used last April when we sailed on the Victory. It's very convenient. And, yes, you will need to call Carnival and pay for the shuttle before leaving home.

One thing to keep in mind when flying home from FLL is the crowded airport! It's best to get a late afternoon or early evening flight for your return home. With AT LEAST four cruise ships returning to dock on weekend mornings, the airport is extremely crowded. We arrived 4-hrs before our flight left, but after checking in and then waiting in the security line, we had 20-minutes to wait at the gate before boarding. So keep this in mind!

:cool: Bill

I think on the way home I am going to do self-disembarkment (early) and take a cab to the airport before the shuttles get there. I have the chance to get a 12:15 flight out, putting me back in Detroit just after 3, which is a lot better for my family since we still have a 2 hour drive from the airport.

Just finished trip on the Legend out of Port Everglades. We arranged and paid for transportation to ship from the airport, roundtrip at the baggage claim area after arrival on the day of the cruise. Others were doing the same who were leaving for a Miami cruise. Some with prepaid and some paying on the spot like we were. I heard them say the trip over to Miami would take about 30 minutes.

Archived