Just off the Allure some thoughts, 8 day cruise 5/14 - /5/22

On 5/22/2022 at 4:56 PM, mek said:

"COVID:  Covid was rampant on the ship all you heard wherever you went was coughing, I had friends who were quarantined and was told that they ran out of rooms and having them quarantine in there own cabin."

This is the way it should be for everyone - get rid of the isolation cabins and just let positive people quarantine in their own cabins.

Also, the pre-cruise testing isn't preventing cases on the ship, so really pointless.

I tried to say this about a ship I was on during late April to mid-May.  I was chastised and told it was probably "allergies", and how did I know it could be COVID.  All I know is I've been cruising for 49 years, and I know a respiratory infection cough when I hear it.  I  was on cruises starting in mid-Feb, and it was after the mask mandate was stopped that the coughing started.  Before that:  crickets.  So, maybe not COVID, but definitely something contagious.

I think the isolation cabins are so other people sharing the same cabin, as long as they test negative, can come and go on the ship.  

Edited by pcur

The Allure was once my favorite ship in Royals Fleet.  With MTD a mess and the general operation of the ship the worst I’ve seen of any ship   points to Management issues within the ships hierarchy.