SPECIALITY DINING ENCHANTED PRINCESS

Copeland3

hi, my husband and I are sailing 3rd June 2022 as Platinum guests.   We've been trying to book our speciality restaurant choices via the App (OceanNow section) for a number of days.  When we go to DMW it continually says "dine my way not available right now please check back later.  We are celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary on the 3rd and really want to secure a table in The Crown Grill!  Can anyone advise what I can do as, apparently, Platinum members get priority 😞 (we are uk based) .  Thank you for any helpful replies. 

17 minutes ago, fishnchips said:

I would just go there as first thing to do when boarding.....deck 7 mid aft.

Happy anniversary

Thank you fishnchips, we will take your advice - if you see a woman quietly sobbing in the corner that will be me if I fail to get a table!

• Haha 1

Yes, the App has been 'playing up' recently. I strongly suggest you do NOT wait until you get on board to book - you may be OK and you may not. If its really important to you ring Princess now. Their lines open at 8.00am (UK time), ring on the dot and you'll get through quick (probably to someone in the US). They can book it for you. We are on the same cruise (and are booked into the Crown Grill on the 3rd!) - hope you have a great time and happy anniversary.

22 hours ago, Copeland3 said:

Thank you fishnchips, we will take your advice - if you see a woman quietly sobbing in the corner that will be me if I fail to get a table!

It's been stated here on CC a number of times that Princess only open up about 50% of specialty restaurant seats for pre-boarding reservations and hold the rest for embarkation day walk-ups like us, and we have never had an issue booking for the week right after embarkation. We just visit each restaurant in turn and make the booking with the Maitre'd right after we board. (We only eat in specialty restaurants for the better service and relative peace and calm of the experience, so we've done this lots of times; we also avoid the DINE line). They may even hold some open tables for day-of walk ups as well, though I wouldn't expect much luck with that. If you are flexible in your times, you shouldn't have a problem getting a decent table. If you absolutely must eat at peak time, you may have issues. Again, keep in mind that if you book in advance, you'll have to pay in advance unless you have specific specialty restaurant dinners from Princess or your TA.  That's another reason why we wait until we board.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TiggerTony2 said:

Yes, the App has been 'playing up' recently. I strongly suggest you do NOT wait until you get on board to book - you may be OK and you may not. If its really important to you ring Princess now. Their lines open at 8.00am (UK time), ring on the dot and you'll get through quick (probably to someone in the US). They can book it for you. We are on the same cruise (and are booked into the Crown Grill on the 3rd!) - hope you have a great time and happy anniversary.

Good advice ...it's a special day 😍😉

• Thanks 1

So I rang Princess around 5pm today (call was answered in a nanosecond) - all booked in speciality restaurant on embarkation day to celebrate our wedding anniversary; decided not to wait until we embarked jic only accepting 50% occupancy.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Copeland3 said:

So I rang Princess around 5pm today (call was answered in a nanosecond) - all booked in speciality restaurant on embarkation day to celebrate our wedding anniversary; decided not to wait until we embarked jic only accepting 50% occupancy.  

Glad you got booked, enjoy!

However, I think you misunderstood the post about 50% occupancy.

Princess only opens around 50% of available seating in advance of sailing. The other 50% is saved for onboard reservations walk-ups, etc 

The post was not saying Princess is limiting seating to only 50% of occupancy - and in our 4 or so cruises since the restart, they're definitely booking full : every table was full on our recent Regal sailings. 

• Thanks 1