Bacon shortage? 🤣🤣

Indianamale

14 minutes ago, ray98 said:

LOL....I bet you believe that and how it is a Carnival only problem.  The people who cruise on other lines all just take 3 slices like a cultured person.🤣

Did I say that? I said it might not be as big of a problem on the other lines as it was for Carnival.  There are entire threads on here and on John's Facebook discussing bacon for before covid and now. It's a long drawn out tiring subject. 

23 minutes ago, starstruck05 said:

Did I say that? I said it might not be as big of a problem on the other lines as it was for Carnival.  There are entire threads on here and on John's Facebook discussing bacon for before covid and now. It's a long drawn out tiring subject. 

Of course there are....just like eliminating the filet as the cut for steak and eggs that had been served for decades in the MDR is because of 'supply chain'.  Cheapening the experience will continue as long as people believe this mess, it is obvious when the direct competition does not encounter the same 'obstacles'.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, joe/jack said:

We were in Royal Caribbean ship a few weeks ago

Bacon was every where and every day 

🐖

That's what I've heard from other people too. I guess Carnival just doesn't care about the paying passengers anymore. That's my opinion and after 10+ cruises on only Carnival I'm ready to spend my hard earned money somewhere else. 

• Like 1

The Valor last week was run like a Swiss watch.  But in fact American  bacon was not visible on the buffet any day.  I did not ask if it was supply chain or cost related.  Sausage was abundant.  The Blue Iguana was lovely.  

31 minutes ago, Indianamale said:

That's what I've heard from other people too. I guess Carnival just doesn't care about the paying passengers anymore. That's my opinion and after 10+ cruises on only Carnival I'm ready to spend my hard earned money somewhere else. 

It's all relative in the end. How much more is a comparative cruise on another line and are you willing to pay that just to have bacon everyday? Some may on principle but I suspect most would not. The small things may add up enough eventually but I'm not willing to "show them" by paying more for insignificant differences. I'd rather save money and eat bacon when I get off the ship. 😁

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, cruisingguy007 said:

It's all relative in the end. How much more is a comparative cruise on another line and are you willing to pay that just to have bacon everyday? Some may on principle but I suspect most would not. The small things may add up enough eventually but I'm not willing to "show them" by paying more for insignificant differences. I'd rather save money and eat bacon when I get off the ship. 😁

It's not only the bacon it's just all of the cuts I've witnessed since 2004 which is way too many to list.  I just think it's time I try another cruise line and see for myself. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ray98 said:

Of course there are....just like eliminating the filet as the cut for steak and eggs that had been served for decades in the MDR is because of 'supply chain'.  Cheapening the experience will continue as long as people believe this mess, it is obvious when the direct competition does not encounter the same 'obstacles'.

I feel the same. It's funny how every time they cut something or change something they always give you a BS excuse and if anyone questions it here the Carnival cheerleaders will clobber you. I have only been on Carnival and the list of reasons why gets longer everyday. I appreciate your opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Indianamale said:

I feel the same. It's funny how every time they cut something or change something they always give you a BS excuse and if anyone questions it here the Carnival cheerleaders will clobber you. I have only been on Carnival and the list of reasons why gets longer everyday. I appreciate your opinion. 

I agree....I love Carnival...they've been the choice for 75% of our cruises over the past 20 years.  However, I feel I'm on a journey from The Westin to the Motel 6.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ray98 said:

I agree....I love Carnival...they've been the choice for 75% of our cruises over the past 20 years.  However, I feel I'm on a journey from The Westin to the Motel 6.

Same here. Not that I'm opposed to staying in a motel 6 because I have and I'm sure that I will again but when I go on vacation I like to treat myself. If other people don't mind all the changes and cuts that have been made over the years good for them. 

On 5/24/2022 at 5:13 PM, ray98 said:

This place is classic.  Post a topic on the most popular breakfast meat in existence and get dismissive comments about "I don't eat meat" and "I don't eat breakfast".😅

Kind of like the the posts about "how can I use my phone on the ship" (or something similar) which usually get a bunch of non helpful replies such as "I put my phone in the safe the minute I get to my cabin"

• Like 5

On 5/24/2022 at 7:48 PM, linbobky said:

go to the mdr and get all the bacon you want!

True, but that doesn't allow complainers to complain.

I've paid more for other cruise lines, I sail on Carnival by choice.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Carnival attracts many first time cruises that don't know any better.  They weren't aware of what was offered before.  This is the "norm" for them... Things like bacon, the pillow chocolates, the red punch in the vending machine, variety of teas at the buffet, straws, table cloth's....the tops optional funnel deck..... LOL

• Like 3

10 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

For my wife and I, we are both working adults and the four day cruises work great for us. We looked at NCL and RCL out of San Pedro and they were both week long cruises.

So for now, I will be taking the "party" cruises out of LBC.

If NCL offered 4 day cruises, we'd book in a second.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pc_load_letter said:

For my wife and I, we are both working adults and the four day cruises work great for us. We looked at NCL and RCL out of San Pedro and they were both week long cruises.

So for now, I will be taking the "party" cruises out of LBC.

If NCL offered 4 day cruises, we'd book in a second.

Take another look.  Most of RCL’s cruises out of Pedro follow the same 3/4 schedule as the Radiance.  Only a handful do 7.  And while I haven’t looked at next year, most of NCL’s cruise were the same.  Princess is also offering more cruises than usual, most of which are  3/4/5.

• Like 1

Food prices are going up...fuel prices are going up. Obviously,  unless something  changes...which seems highly unlikely    Carnival and everyone else will be forced to raise prices. We see it in restaurants everywhere. I would rather pay a little more for the price of my cruise than be shorted on the amenities we come to expect. Some people...especially non bacon eaters...say, it's only bacon...why the fuss? Well...what if it was coffee...or toast...or eggs...or...fruit??? Carnival needs to get its act together. They are already known as The Walmart of Cruise Lines. Keep this up, and soon it'll be known as The Goodwill of Cruise Lines. And by the way...I shop Goodwill almost weekly. 😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Years ago I saw a sign in a local business that said “Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten.”  That is very true. If you get a free or cheap cruise, but the quality is not there, you don’t remember the great deal you got, just the bad experience. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, hillbillycruisers said:

Food prices are going up...fuel prices are going up. Obviously,  unless something  changes...which seems highly unlikely    Carnival and everyone else will be forced to raise prices. We see it in restaurants everywhere. I would rather pay a little more for the price of my cruise than be shorted on the amenities we come to expect. Some people...especially non bacon eaters...say, it's only bacon...why the fuss? Well...what if it was coffee...or toast...or eggs...or...fruit??? Carnival needs to get its act together. They are already known as The Walmart of Cruise Lines. Keep this up, and soon it'll be known as The Goodwill of Cruise Lines. And by the way...I shop Goodwill almost weekly. 😉

I hope that Carnival realizes this. 

4 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

Years ago I saw a sign in a local business that said “Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten.”  That is very true. If you get a free or cheap cruise, but the quality is not there, you don’t remember the great deal you got, just the bad experience. 

Your statement is 100% true. 

11 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

I disagree. 
I had a cheap cruise in March.  The food in the buffet was terrible. Service was slow because of understaffing. I don't care about bacon, I do order it in the MDR though.

I recently sailed with another company with a friend on a really good deal Some things were better, some things weren't.  There was always bacon at the buffet. Their buffet was far better than Carnival. 

Would I sail them again?  If the price was comparable to Carnival.  But I did not find anything that I found worth paying significantly more for.  I love food.  But I can always find something to eat on Carnival so it isn't a dealbreaker for me. 

I have looked at other lines but for the price, I get to be somewhere warm, visit different places and have an overall enjoyable experience for a lot less than other lines so as long as I am getting good prices, I'll stay with Carnival.  When the day comes that I'm paying the same for a Carnival cruise as I am for another, I may move on. 

I use the money I save to enjoy more on my trip in other ways. And more trips.

Edited by 1kaper
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, 1kaper said:

I disagree. 
I had a cheap cruise in March.  The food in the buffet was terrible. Service was slow because of understaffing. I don't care about bacon, I do order it in the MDR though.

I recently sailed with another company with a friend on a really good deal Some things were better, some things weren't.  There was always bacon at the buffet. Their buffet was far better than Carnival. 

Would I sail them again?  If the price was comparable to Carnival.  But I did not find anything that I found worth paying significantly more for.  I love food.  But I can always find something to eat on Carnival so it isn't a dealbreaker for me. 

I have looked at other lines but for the price, I get to be somewhere warm, visit different places and have an overall enjoyable experience for a lot less than other lines so as long as I am getting good prices, I'll stay with Carnival.  When the day comes that I'm paying the same for a Carnival cruise as I am for another, I may move on. 

I use the money I save to enjoy more on my trip in other ways. And more trips.

I lean this way as well.

My wife and I generally compare a cruise to a land based vacation. And with Carnival's pricing, a land based vaca would be almost double or triple. We use to like to go to Palm Springs for a long weekend but with hotel pricing, food costs, entertainment (there is really not that much to do in PS after dark), a Carnival cruise will when out every time.

For us, the four day cruise is weekend getaway. We enjoy the price point and the convenience. If prices go up, we will probably cruise less as overall cost of living in CA has made luxury items more difficult.

2 minutes ago, jskinsd said:

Princess vs Carnival

IMG_20220217_073725041.jpg

IMG_20220506_055547032.jpg

What the price difference between them though? I've not sailed Princess but my understanding is they are a much higher end product all around, with the price to match. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1kaper said:

What the price difference between them though? I've not sailed Princess but my understanding is they are a much higher end product all around, with the price to match. 

Bingo! I'm not willing to pay much more for a plethora of pastries. Carnival has plenty of diabetes inducing options, saving many hundreds or thousands of dollars works much better for me and is much more satisfying than some muffins or even bacon. 😄   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Bingo! I'm not willing to pay much more for a plethora of pastries. Carnival has plenty of diabetes inducing options, saving many hundreds or thousands of dollars works much better for me and is much more satisfying than some muffins or even bacon. 😄   

For fun I checked. 

3 times what I am paying for our Feb 2023 cruise with Carnival. Same port. Same stops.  Same time frame.  Same room type. 

Don't get me wrong. No shade to those who want to pay for the extras.  There are times I do too.  My point was merely you can't compare the two. 

Edited by 1kaper
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, 1kaper said:

For fun I checked. 

3 times what I am paying for our Feb 2022 cruise with Carnival. Same port. Same stops.  Same time frame.  Same room type. 

Don't get me wrong. No shade to those who want to pay for the extras.  There are times I do too.  My point was merely you can't compare the two. 

I check all the time too and Carnival always wins out in the end, even when the competition run "specials" and toss in add ons. I see posters in other sub forums here say that they only pay a bit more than Carnival rates, and by their accounts of what they paid it seems like it in a few instances, but I sure never seem to find those rates. It's usually 50% more for comparable itineraries and when you sail as a family, it adds up quickly. Saving $500 per passenger is $2500 for me, not peanuts. 

Edited by cruisingguy007