Virgin Voyages - Share the Love - Sailor Loot

CruzinMermaid

The copy of the email is a little off IMO, as it they reused some copy for the old $200 offer and applied to the closing the scheme.

From observing others I think Virgin was too accommodating re adding the offer after booking. The reason they must have allowed it was so people who was travelling together didn't miss out which is nice of them however it resulted in lots of confusion that was also spilling over into Sailer Services onboard.

I wonder if come Feb 15th the full loyalty scheme might be announced and the sailer loot been withdrawn here might be re-deployed within that scheme.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chrish2 said:

I wonder if come Feb 15th the full loyalty scheme might be announced and the sailer loot been withdrawn here might be re-deployed within that scheme

i've heard (very much so through-the-grapevine, so take this with a grain of salt) the details of the loyalty program will be coming out late february.

the referral program thing was to get their name out there, and they seem to have done a decent job of that so far.  given how generous they've been to-date, i wouldn't be surprised if they have a referral program 2.0 that's kind of dumb - like refer 1 person get a tshirt, refer 2 people get a sweatshirt, 3 people get $100 bar tab

On 12/31/2022 at 5:09 PM, BrewStef said:
On 12/31/2022 at 5:09 PM, BrewStef said:

Please add to list, thanks in advance!

February 19, 2023  6 night Valiant Lady, Western Caribbean Charm, from Miami

https://virg.in/JedJ

Thank you!!

Used your link and got the $50 loot - you should see your $50 as well. Thanks!!

The replacement is now live

"Now We're Voyaging Together"

https://www.virginvoyages.com/l/celebration-cruises

Main info

• Book or link cabins for a free "bottle of fizz" (max one per cabin on both sides). Groups of 8 or more get a "dinner concierge service".
  • New "Experience Package" called Splash for your Bash. $250 per cabin of two people (unsure if they pro-rata that for cabins more or less). Upgrades the fizz to moat. One free bottomless brunch at wake or Razzle Dazzle. One "Celebratory Dinner" with a venue specific Chef selected sharing menu for the group, Venue specific curated beverage package for the group that compliments the selected menus, and a Celebratory Dessert.

The focus is really back onto group trips with copy talking about Anniversaries, Bachelor(ette) parties, Birthdays, Family reunions, friend trips etc.

Old referral links take you to the old promo but with no ability to start booking a cabin.

27 minutes ago, Chrish2 said:

Main info

• Book or link cabins for a free "bottle of fizz" (max one per cabin on both sides). Groups of 8 or more get a "dinner concierge service".
  • New "Experience Package" called Splash for your Bash. $250 per cabin of two people (unsure if they pro-rata that for cabins more or less). Upgrades the fizz to moat. One free bottomless brunch at wake or Razzle Dazzle. One "Celebratory Dinner" with a venue specific Chef selected sharing menu for the group, Venue specific curated beverage package for the group that compliments the selected menus, and a Celebratory Dessert.

The focus is really back onto group trips with copy talking about Anniversaries, Bachelor(ette) parties, Birthdays, Family reunions, friend trips etc.

Old referral links take you to the old promo but with no ability to start booking a cabin.

I know this is new (from today) and Virgin details are missing a bit, but, do all the rooms linked have to pay the $250 for the Splash for Bash? And, if you are not traveling with friends, can the Splash for Bash be added just to your room?

32 minutes ago, Chrish2 said:

Main info

Sounds a little underwhelming. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, vettesale said:

I know this is new (from today) and Virgin details are missing a bit, but, do all the rooms linked have to pay the $250 for the Splash for Bash? And, if you are not traveling with friends, can the Splash for Bash be added just to your room?

I read the terms as as long as 2 cabins go for it you can have it even if the rest don't. The terms are a bit vague IMO in this area. It really rests on what a "group" is

>  2. “Splash for Your Bash” is limited to the first fifty (50) groups to buy the package per voyage with a group size minimum of (2) cabins and maximum of (9) cabins. Package may be purchased up to 48 hours prior the day before the voyage sets sail. Group dining is subject to availability. Package may be canceled, with a refund, up to 24 hours before the voyage departs.  Should the voyage date change, the package may be transferred to the new voyage.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, soccersharon said:

Not sure who you’re referring to, but we booked the voyage Feb 28

they ended the sailor loot referral 2/14.  now i think they just give each cabin a bottle of champagne.  do you see sailor loot in your booking?

7 hours ago, _tacocat_ said:

they ended the sailor loot referral 2/14.  now i think they just give each cabin a bottle of champagne.  do you see sailor loot in your booking?

No sailor loot on our account.  This link is to entice others to join us (near as I can tell when I click the link).

9 hours ago, _tacocat_ said:

they ended the sailor loot referral 2/14.  now i think they just give each cabin a bottle of champagne.  

Your impression is the same as mine.  The loot for referrals definitely ended 2/14.  Now, if you link cabins with a referral, each cabin gets a bottle of bubbly, limited to one bottle per cabin.  Again, that's my understanding from the web site.  Also, if you read the fine print on other promotions, each cabin is limited to one bottle regardless of how many promotions they may qualify for that include a bottle.

For instance (old example), we had JLo, Deep Blue, and something else, each of which qualified us for a bottle, but per the fine print, it was one bottle per cabin per cruise.  This was clearly stated in the fine print.