Scooter Rental for Cruise Italy to Barcelona

pmc4009

scootaround.com rents scooters in Italy, including Barcelona, but I don't know about Ravenna.  They do have a network of contacts and vendors in Europe/Italy so you might ask scootaround about your situation.   

I don't know what cruise line you will be on, but most will only allow certain rental companies to board their ships (ie, to pick up or drop off equipment).     

And also John Sage has information on renting scooters in Italy.   He does not list Ravenna, but you could contact his company to see if they have any ideas.

https://www.sagetraveling.com/wheelchair-rental-and-mobility-scooters-for-hire

There is also bringing your own travel scooter or renting one from home and bringing it with you for the cruise.   Check with your airline, but the scooter should fly for free.  

• 2 months later...

Airlines carry scooters FOC. Which cruise line are you travelling with? Their T&Cs will tell you if you can take it in a non adapted cabin and th3 door widths. 
I can’t see you being able to hire one in Italy and it being dropped off in Spain. How would they get it back to its original destination?

You might contact Scootaround and Special Needs at Sea. They do have European rental options, at least in some cities.

If you rent from the US or take one you own, you will want to carefully plan ground transportation. While US flights may transport equipment for free, finding ground transportation, especially taxis, may be difficult. If you’re staying in a hotel, you’d also want to ask about accessibility.

• 4 months later...
On 5/25/2022 at 11:40 AM, kokopelli-az said:

And also John Sage has information on renting scooters in Italy.   He does not list Ravenna, but you could contact his company to see if they have any ideas.

https://www.sagetraveling.com/wheelchair-rental-and-mobility-scooters-for-hire

I just submitted a request on Sage Traveling and afterwards, it says they no longer provide rentals and forwarded the request to Special Needs Group. Just FYI for anyone looking for a mobility scooter in Europe.

198B5801-6AB5-48E6-B560-18542F3D14D0.png

Edited by jmmess